1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody use video up-conversion on AX-5ai?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by MikeFish, Dec 2, 2004.

1. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody here used the video up-conversion on a Pioneer AX-5ai (S-video to component)?
    I have my Sky+ connected via S-video to my amp, and the amp is connected to the plasma using components. When watchnig Sky the picture is quite badly deterriorated compared to when using s-video all the way through.
    So what I want to know is, is there a problem with my amp or is it just a poor up-conversion?

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mike it is not unknown to have a poor quality picture after the signal has been switched thru you're amp as you will get a loss of signal quality as it goes thru the amp and to you're TV, it also depends on how good the signal was in the 1st place, is it only the Sky that you are converting or does it do it on all conversions?

John

3. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oops! Just noticed I was in the wrong area when I posted this thread, I meant to post in "Integrated Ampifiers". :blush:
    Mods, feel free to move to correct section (might get more attention anyway!).

Recruit
    The DVD is connected to the amp using components so the picture from that is great. To be honest I haven't really watched anything else through it yet. Will power up PS2 and see how that looks (that's the only other thing connected with S-video).

Thanks.

4. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It seems to be doing the same thing with my PS2, although maybe not as bad. Looking at it I think it is just a case of bad conversion. :mad:

5. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you might be right but maybe have a word you're dealer that you got it from and see if they have any suggestions... :)

John

6. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will do.

Thanks for your help John.