1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody use crestron at home ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by nightsoil, Jan 24, 2005.

1. nightsoil

nightsoil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Our company has just installed a load of crestron remotes in our meeting rooms and we have one spare (coughs) :blush:

Are they viable for home use or just overkill (should I stick to my pronto pro>

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    With your kit, perfectly viable, I think all those have RS232? Good luck with the programming, the codes are easily available for the plasma, not so sure about other Pioneer kit, I've never tried.

3. Blaze01

Blaze01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Crestron is fully universal and will control any equipment that has an electronic interface. E.G RS232, IR.

The added cost would be the Processor this cost would depend on the type and amount of differet control ports needed. A smallish processor could cost you around £2000.00 ex vat.

The other cost would be the programming. For the system to work well you will need a programmer, also the Crestron software is now hidden behind pass codes and is not freeley downloadable. For this I would suggest a cost of around £500.00 a day and I would allow 3 days max in total for the kit on your list.

Which Panel do you have??

Hope that this helps.

4. pemberto

pemberto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    nightsoil,
    I might be able to help you out with software. What touchpanel do you have and what other gear would you like to control.

PM me off line to discuss.

pemberto