Anybody use BD Rebuilder?

emporer

Banned
Just started using this, done a full backup of something that had a DTS HD MA track and it went ok apart from it re encoded the audio to plain DTS. Looking on the authors site there is talk of audio probs but I cant be bothered to read 80 odd pages tbh.

anybody use it?

filmsthinbloke

Novice Member
I have been trying to use BD Rebuilder but I just get a error message about audio right at the start so its no use to me.
Where is the best place to get information about problems with this software?

Naqv

I have used it successfully over 20 times and only encountered problem with it once, which was audio synchronisation, in relation to HD audio. However, there was another AC3 3 channel audio available, which I used instead.

The software has worked VERY well for me, producing brilliant quality videos, but does seem to have issues with Master HD audio files.

If you get audio problems, what you can do is keep the video file in the working folder (after encode) and manually rip and convert the HD audio using ac3enc or something, and then multiplex the two streams manually using tsmuxer.

emporer

Banned
Ive got to grips with the program over the last few weeks, my only gripe really is that there is no option to keep HD audio tracks, it will just downconvert or just keep the core dts/ac3 track.

Due to BD50 discs costing more than Wembley i've decided to just use BD25 discs and my aim now is to keep just the movie and just 1 HD audio track, I see no sense in encoding everything on the disc as it defeats the object for me, I have to try and keep the best sound and pic as possible, the few films i've done have all had a main movie m2ts file of around 30gb or so, so once you strip the audio and just convert the film (if needed) then the loss of quality is almost undetectable, in fact the last one I did was Max Payne and although the disc was 40gb once i'd took out all the extras/menu etc and just left the film and dts-ma track it fitted onto a bd25 with no encoding of the film itself, this is the best way in my eyes, and as i'm watching everything on a 1080p projector I like to preserve quality.

Naqv

^ I'm sure there is a option for keeping the original HD audio.

If you go to settings, there should be an option that states "convert HD audio to .....".
Just de-select it.

I convert my blue-rays to 720p, 4.38GB by the way, and it still looks brilliant.

Just trying 720p on 8gb to see the difference.

1080p requires TOO much bitrate and is barely noticeable to most people.

emporer

Banned
It definately doesn't pass through HD audio, the options are there to let you choose to convert between ac3 and dts core tracks, seem awful silly to me as backing up to a bd25 would leave plenty of room for HD audio, i've just finished Batman and the TruHD track was just over 2 gigs so I just converted the main film and remuxed the TruHD back in and created the bluray, average bitrate is around 22-25mbps which is great, I have to preserve as much quality as poss due to watching on a 1080p projector and an 8ft screen.

Naqv

BD Rebuilder is still in very early beta stage (although it works almost perfectly). I can see it becoming the next DVDShrink in the future for blue-rays.

I tested the 720p with double the bitrate at (8GB, Dual layer DVD), vs 4.38GB (1DVD) and could not tell the difference.

emporer

Banned
Its an excellent bit of software, most impresseed by it and all credit to the author as he's done a superb job, although i'll be sticking with my own methods for now due to the HD audio thing as this is a must for me but when it does support HD audio passthrough then it should be all the program i'll need.

1080 jawbreaker

Its an excellent bit of software, most impresseed by it and all credit to the author as he's done a superb job, although i'll be sticking with my own methods for now due to the HD audio thing as this is a must for me but when it does support HD audio passthrough then it should be all the program i'll need.
the guy responsible for the x264 encoder also needs a pat on the back, its that bit of software that is keeping the detail as high as possible.

emporer

Banned
looks like a new version has been released, HD audio on BD25 is now an option which is fantastic, going to test it out this week and hopefully it should now be all the software I need.

CORRSA

Standard Member
hi there as anyone got a link for asking questions as i cant get the latest version to run ?
cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom