anybody tried cleaner discs ??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nicke20, Dec 29, 2004.

1. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    my pioneer player is starting to skip and pop near the end of some discs, if I put the disc in my old sony 725 they play fine, so perhaps it has a dirty lens ??
    has anyone tried one of theses cd's with bristles ? :eek:

2. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    I cant say that I have since i just got my new denon 3910, but what I do, before puting any disk in the player, even a new one, I use air dusters to clean the surface of the disk.

Ive noticed that even with new disks there tends to be a lot of dust and other particles on the surface of the disk. This is the stuff that clogs up the player so I recomend you do the same. Dont use a cloth on a new disk coz that guarantees scratches. Use an air duster. (air in a can)

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,559
    I have a DVD lense cleaner but have to say I have never had a problem with discs skipping and freezing but I guess that is because every month or so I pop in the cleaner.
    As for the bristles, they are what clean the lense, without them it wouldnt do anything but go round and round.