Anybody tried any emulators on thier PSP yet?

BuFF DaDDy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just curious as im having problems getting them to run, just tried the latest Genesis one. Install it as per instructions, then click on it, then I get an error message? Weird. Something im doing wrong I guess. Any ides?

Im on 1.50 now I managed to downgrade, but its really getting on my t1ts now trying to get this to work a step by step would help mate.

This is the message I get when I try to run it:

can this be run on v1.5 system? The message: 'The game could not be started (80020001)

thats what mine said at first. you need a program called kxploit or seipsptool. you unzip the genesis file. run kxploit where it says name give it a name.
in the middle one it says pbp file. click the little box on the right hand side (with the dots on it) and select the pbp file in the folder you just unziped.
then connect your psp and refresh select the psp drive and click generat files.
im running version 1.5

So do I use the pbp file that is on my PSP or before I actually put the Pspgenesis files on my PSP?

Thanks for all your help coombes mate, with your help im reliveing Streets Of Rage 2 again! and on the PSP screen its crystal clear.

Just about to download sonic.

Yeah, PSPGen emulates about 90% of games, SOR2/3,Sonic Spinball,MK1,2,3,Zombies at my neighbours all work ok so far

Has anyone tested Final Fantasy 4 (2 in the USA), Final Fantasy 5 and Final Fantasy 6 (3 in the USA)? Do they work ok?

Whats the speed like on the emulators?

full speed with full sound?

or is there annoying frame rate issues and bad vsynce n choppy n what not?

thanx, also are they full screen?

cheers, Rob

robo989 said:
Whats the speed like on the emulators?

full speed with full sound?

"On the PSPGenesis one I tried YES!!"

or is there annoying frame rate issues and bad vsynce n choppy n what not?

"Nope,running full speed, no frame rate issues on the games I played 30 of them so far on my 1giger"

thanx, also are they full screen?

"You can change the screen size 3 times to expand it to fully fit the PSP Screen!"

cheers, Rob

"No problem, get downloading and downgrading. Its the best thing since Robert Deniro made Midnight Run!!"

Do a search on Google mate, there not hard to find with a bit of digging!

yeah, that's how i find the sites that i use at the mo. was just wondering if there are a couple of exceptional sites out there that i don't know about (i only started in the emu world with the psp)

I cant list the ones I use mate on here, pm me if you are struggling.

coombes123 said:
ive noticed a few games dont work. ive got sonic working also lemmings and mortal kombat.

aah mortal kombat on the megadrive,such good memories :D

"FINISH HIM!!!"

might have to get me some of that ;)

Virtua Racing has got a special chip in it a bit like the "FX" chip that was in some SNES games (Stunt Race FX\Starwing) it is HIGHLY unlikly that it will be emulated anytime soon as these psp megadrive\genersis emulators are quite new. It took years before any pc emu could even do them.

On the issue of Street Fighter 2, it is also a special cartridge, sortof, it is one of the lergest games ever released on the megadrive so don't expect that to work for a while either, don't think its got any special hardware inside tho, so it will prolly be working in the not to distant future.

Keep the feedback coming on emulators and games lads!

Just also to let you know I cant get any 32X games to run on PSPGenesis either, so no Star Wars Arcade for now! :thumbsdow

anyone got sensi soccer runnning on the amiga emulator?
i can get the screen to load but no game :(

32x emulation!!!!!

You will NEVER get that working on the PSP, its not powerful enuf to emulate it. Hell you need a decent 1ghz+ pc to do it!

the 32x has got a whole load of hardware in it no just a 68000 cpu with z80 for sound.

I thought id just try it and see. So now everyone knows the 32x roms dont work and dont waste thier time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom