1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody seen the VPL-VW11HT in the flesh yet?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by WSquared, Oct 20, 2001.

1. WSquared

WSquared

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm very anxious to demo this projector. It seems Sony has finally sorted out all the problems that were keeping me from buying the 10HT.

It will now take a 1366x768 input from a HTPC and feed it directly to the LCD panel without any further processing. Perfect. I'll take my PC to the demo. :)
    Also, the Contrast is improved and the filter system is improved.
    See the 11HT at:www.sonyhomecinema.com
    This is another good link with software for the 10/11HT.

WSquared

[ 20-10-2001: Message edited by: WSquared ]

[ 20-10-2001: Message edited by: WSquared ]

2. WSquared

WSquared

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I went to my local Sony store today to see if they knew when this projector was going to be available in the UK and how much it would cost.
    THe bloke didn't have a price on his computer yet, but he said it would be between 1 & 2 months. He had heard that they are going to have a promotion where they give you a screen. I asked what kind. He didn't know. He then proceded to try to tell me about "this cool feature" as he put it, which I worked out to be keystone correction. I replied saying "Oh, you mean the Digital Keystone Correction". I then told him that I was planning on using a PC as a source and feeding the projector 1366x768, it's native resolution, through a VGA to RGB cable. He looked very perplexed. :D So, I said thanks and left. It's about what I expected really, but I had to try. I'll just have to keep looking at the brochure. :(

William