Anybody seen the Pio DV-380?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Slimline, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Slimline

Slimline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there. I'm after a new DVD player and had been looking at the Pio 575A a couple of months back. It's still for sale here and there, but is no longer featured on the Pioneer web-site. However, they do now feature the new DV-380S. This machine has a progressive out, DivX (and presumably XviD) playback and component terminals just like the 575A - and it's half the price. :thumbsup: But I can't seem to find anything about it on the web. :rolleyes:

Has anybody actually seen and used one of these, or found a review of it? Anybody know what the quality is like, especially compared to the 575 (which was highly rated for its price-band)?

Any idea whether it plays packed bitstream Xvids?

Also, a general question, do the component terminals on these machines tend to be RCA rather than BNC?

Thanks for any help!

2. Slimline

Slimline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please could somebody speak to me, if only to make me feel less unpopular? Even if you've never seen a DVD player...

3. sneo

sneo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    have a look here:

http://www.avland.co.uk/dvd/dvd.htm#dvdp

you'll find prices/specs/hq images of DV-380 & DV-585 which are the successors of DV-370 & DV-575A respectively

don't know anything more about tha players than you can read here, only that I've personally never seen component BNC connectors on a dvd players only RCA ones

4. Slimline

Slimline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks sneo - didn't find that. I spose I'll have to wait for the reviews on the 585 to see whether it's as good as the 575 was, but it looks like I won't be able to get away with the 380 and expect the same picture quality. Ho hum - you don't get something for nothing!

5. Maff et1

Maff et1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. Slimline

Slimline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Sounds like a great machine for the price. I spose the 585 isn't all that much more cash though, if the picture is going to be noticeably better. I don't care about being able to play DVD-A or SACD, but if it'll play movies better then I'll spend an extra £50.

Just waiting for the 585 reviews then...