Anybody seen the gBOX in the UK?

Dubbing Mixer

Established Member
Reaction score
Just heard about this:

http://www.amselectronics.com/Products/PC_Servers/CF-S868.html

I think it may well have possibillities as an HCPC. One guy I know who's seen it 'in the metal' thinks it is the canines cohones. Obviously there are questions about noise level, but I see no reason why this shouldn't be dealt with by judicious fan selection.

Now all I need is a UK supplier.

If you like GBOX then you should check out Shuttle computers.

look at www.ultim8pc.co.uk for the Shuttle SS51G Barebones it has a AGP slot so High end G-cards can be put in.

They also use a heat pipe on the CPU and a low noice fan in the PSU so it is a very quiet machine.

Many thanks! I thought the Shuttles were only for Athlons.

The gBOX has an AGP slot too but from the looks of the link a Shuttle should do just fine.

Its acutally in stock on the very front page of their site £180 + VAT (just added it to my basket to double check)

Wish I could justify it. I need to pick up my Clie t675c from comet and sell it first 9long story) before I can get one.

I use a 15" LCD screen for my secondary display (primary is projector)... this little project looks really cool though and saves a bit more space in your home-cinema room.

QuarterView.jpg

Movie.jpg

Click here for more info about it.

Hey, that looks really cool!!!

I'll check it out properly tomorrow. If I can do something similar I will be very happy. I have an ATI 7500 which I was intending to put in this system so maybe I'm on the way. THe screen absolutely makes it!!!!! I will be using a Panny AE 100 projector initially and maybe something better when it comes along at a good price. (New Sony, Epson, Panny etc.)

jrwood I see you visit Bit-tech as well, nice LCD system.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom