Anybody seen the gBOX in the UK?

Dubbing Mixer

Standard Member
Just heard about this:

http://www.amselectronics.com/Products/PC_Servers/CF-S868.html

I think it may well have possibillities as an HCPC. One guy I know who's seen it 'in the metal' thinks it is the canines cohones. Obviously there are questions about noise level, but I see no reason why this shouldn't be dealt with by judicious fan selection.

Now all I need is a UK supplier.

micb3rd

Novice Member
If you like GBOX then you should check out Shuttle computers.

look at www.ultim8pc.co.uk for the Shuttle SS51G Barebones it has a AGP slot so High end G-cards can be put in.

They also use a heat pipe on the CPU and a low noice fan in the PSU so it is a very quiet machine.

Dubbing Mixer

Standard Member
Many thanks! I thought the Shuttles were only for Athlons.

The gBOX has an AGP slot too but from the looks of the link a Shuttle should do just fine.

Dubbing Mixer

Standard Member
Thanks COW,

I agree, it does look very much like the gBOX. But, the Shuttle looks better and is cheaper, at least over here.

Dubbing Mixer

Standard Member
Thanks for the info Benji. Unfortunately they are out of stock or I would have ordered one immediately :-(

eeek

Its acutally in stock on the very front page of their site £180 + VAT (just added it to my basket to double check)

Wish I could justify it. I need to pick up my Clie t675c from comet and sell it first 9long story) before I can get one.

Dubbing Mixer

Standard Member
Hi Benji,

I tried again, and it worked, so thank you very much.

Hope it works out with the Cliee

J

jrwood

I use a 15" LCD screen for my secondary display (primary is projector)... this little project looks really cool though and saves a bit more space in your home-cinema room.

Click here for more info about it.

Dubbing Mixer

Standard Member
Hey, that looks really cool!!!

I'll check it out properly tomorrow. If I can do something similar I will be very happy. I have an ATI 7500 which I was intending to put in this system so maybe I'm on the way. THe screen absolutely makes it!!!!! I will be using a Panny AE 100 projector initially and maybe something better when it comes along at a good price. (New Sony, Epson, Panny etc.)

Dubbing Mixer

Standard Member
PS I was going to use a 15" Samsung which I already have but this looks so much better I may not be able to resist.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom