Anybody put there svs tube behind there tv

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Andywilliams, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Hi as it says above i want to try and free up some space and have enough room behind my tv to fit the svs 20-39 pc+ my tv stand is 27"high so hoping it wont cause any staining of the tube.I know i could try it but dont want to go to a lot of hassle sorting cables etc if its a no no.
    Cheers Gonzo. :)

2. Jack the lad

Jack the lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Past you in your car yesterday mate. I flashed but you had other things on your mind. Must have been the above :laugh:

3. Ettepet

Ettepet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I think it depends on how good of a location it is FR (=Frequency Response) wise, or is it you are afraid of your delicate television equipment? :D

4. Nimby

Nimby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +670
    FWIW: My 16-46 PCi is squashed between the TV and the right speaker. It's a Philips CRT TV and has shown no problem whatsoever. Nor did the previous TV in the same position.

All the SVS cylinder's drive units are very low down so the chances of problems are probably quite slim. My TV stand is about the same height as yours. It's arguable that the magnet may be slightly larger and stronger on the + models. But I doubt that means increased stray magnetic fields.

Ettepet has a good point about whether it is the best position (or not) as far as sound quality is concerned. Try it and see. There are no rules. You could even lay it down on the floor if it helps. Though yours is probably short enough to hide completely. Mine has a 6" advantage over the top of the telly. There's no room behind my TV though. Or I could have tried it and reported what effect it had.

Nimby