1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody (plumbers in particular) willing to offer some advice?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gjc-ortho, Sep 27, 2005.

1. gjc-ortho

gjc-ortho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    At the moment I'm in the process of attempting to fit a new bathroom but appear to be being "kyboshed" at every turn. Hoping to put a pumped thermostatic shower in but unfortunately have now realised that the pipe work from the pump has to go "up and over"; ie, back up into the loft from the airing cupboard (where the pump is going to be sited) through the loft for about 3 feet prior to dropping back down into the bathrrom.

I know this sounds a bit of a convolued way of getting water to a shower but the only other way is to take up God knows how may floorboards :( .

Basicaly, what I'm after is whether my idea is possble and if so do I need to know anything is particular? Also, has anyone tried this and does it actually work??

Thanks

Cheers all

2. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I am NOT a plumber.
    But i have had involvement with very very larger motors. i.e pumps. I doubt a domestic unit is much different in principle. I believe the only consideration of note is whether the pump is rated or capable of that much head of water, i.e 8ft, 10ft, whatever. I was always under the impression that these things were happiest pretty close to the outlet however.
    Again, i am not a plumber.

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I don't think you'll have any problems. Our hot water tank is downstairs, and it feeds a power-shower upstairs. The pipe run from the pump to the shower has to be at least 9 feet, all uphill.