1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody owned HS10 and PTAE300?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mr. Wilby, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi,

I am torn between these two, though I had my mind made up on the HS10... but circumstances have changed slightly as I am moving house shortly and it looks likely that I will not have the space that I had once planned.

This means that I am tending towards the short-throw AE300 rather than the long throw HS10.

Has anybody on these forums actually owned both and if so what is your personal opinion of both machines (and which did you stick with, if any?).

I've read the review on ProjectorCentral, and they seem very keen on the AE300.

Is that a fair representation?

Cheers!

2. xander

xander
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I haven't owned both, but was also torn betw the two like you. In the end I ordered the AE300 after the HS10 release was postponed.

One thing that I will add though, is that the AE300 does a very good job at displaying PAL DVDs from a standard interlaced DVD player (much better than the Epson TW100, for example). This is also stated in the AE300 manual where they give a 625i signal an AA picture quality rating.

On the other hand, the higher resolution of the HS10 will also be nice.

Good luck

3. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    If you want to go HTPC the HS10 is a no brainer.

4. pahos

pahos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    G/day mate, im a bit of a noob with several abbreviation like HTPC, also 625i 1080i etc.
    Im absolutely torn between the wonderful HS10 and the AE300.
    TORN.
    I would realy love to see both on the one wall with same connectors (Component) playing the same film to make a destinction/decision. Is the AE300 800x600 VGA ?
    The Sony is XVGA 1024x768, nice for pc, but how often will I use my projector for pc use such as Counter Strike? Hmmmmm
    Any way, has anyone made a destinction, do tell cause I have placed a deposit on the HS10 and could probably get a refund if the AE300 has either a clearer pic (less pixalation) or etc.
    Soz about the Noob intelegence, please help !!!
    :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: