1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody own an Epson TW10 ??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by 3804, Oct 10, 2004.

1. 3804

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi
    Seen this for £575.+ free screen (original price £1000)
    spec seems v.good for the price,
    so any current owners please share your thoughts
    The good points and any major/minor flaws
    only PJ i have seen is a mates Panny AE100.how does it compare with that
    Also the old queston !
    at what distance do you need, to give a 6ft./ 7ft pic

also aTW10H model for £25 extra(is it worth it)
    p.s
    anybody comment on Techoworld online
    delivery/aftersales /cs..etc
    thanks for any help
    cheers

2. Roost

Roost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On another forum some people have posted pics after buying it from technoworld.

[​IMG]

That's the free screen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm thinking of getting the TW10H in the week, unless someone else has another suggestion for around the same price??

3. 3804

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    roost
    thanks for that
    I assume you do not get the screen with the H model
    cheers

4. Roost

Roost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No i don't think so, the H model has slightly higher speaks regarding ansi and contrast ratio, so maybe worth the little bit extra :)

5. maxiboy

maxiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently got the TW 10H and am really pleased with it. Obviously you can buy more up to date technology but you have to pay for it. If you want the screen, then make sure that it is not the offer that Epson were running as it has finished.

I got all the details for the free screen with my projector, but when I typed in the serial no., I was informed the offer had ended. I wasn't expecting the screen by-the-way, just thought I would give it a go.

If the screen is supplied by Technoworld, then you don't have to worry. Just check with them first.

6. charlaph

charlaph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Anyone interested in the TW-10, not the TW-10H might be interested in the package at www.flattelly.co.uk - projector, screen, Sony AV amp, Eltax surround speaker package and IR headphones for £560 delivered.

That price is in the same bracket as the H model, but if anyone doesn't already have a surround sound setup then it's not a bad price for a full-on budget package. Just add a DVD player!

7. RichMercer

RichMercer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't believe that company charges 2% for credit card purchases!! Especially for a company on the web.

Also, I know it may differ, but the screen shown in the picture isn't 16:9. It's worth checking if it is a 16:9 that you will get as you don't want a 4:3 screen.

8. charlaph

charlaph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I haven't gone for it myself. I've e-mailed them about the screen, I have a funny feeling that they're advertising the screen, but it'll be on the old voucher redemption thingy that epson were running earlier in the year, and has now expired, so unless they actually have screens in stock ready to send then I'm not interested.

I also already have a surround sound setup, so the rest of it would be shoved onto ebay. It might be more hassle than it's worth, especially if none of it sells. Then what - a TW-10 for £560 and a whole load of surplus AV kit that I'd have no use for. Cash convertors would offer me peanuts for it!

9. jamesvtidohc

jamesvtidohc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    wow, that offer from flattelly that charlaph posted is mint. all that for 560? i just had a look on dealtime for the epson tw10 (not tw10h) on its own and they retail for like 700. thats a well good offer, is there anything significantly bad about the tw10?

10. nobbydog

nobbydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Bundle seems to be £499??

11. jamesvtidohc

jamesvtidohc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    560, where did i get that from, probably have to add delivery charges plus 2% credit card charge

12. charlaph

charlaph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    EDIT - just read this on the website -
    Postage is £60. I didn't take my 'mock-order' any further than that to see if they'd try and apply VAT to the £560 as the next step asked for my card details, but I'd assume that the £560 is inclusive of VAT. If they don't e-mail me back about the screen tomorrow morning then I'm going to ring them and see what they say.

Thinking about it seriously as I don't need the amp and speakers, the Amp was last seen on Richer Sounds for £90, so nowadays it should get about £40 on ebay at least. I've seen the speakers in Maplins for £50 new before, so I doubt they'd fetch any more than about £20. Even so, that's the postage charge covered. £500 for the PJ + screen is great value - that's if the screens actually exist (see concerns posted above)

Key differences between the TW-10 and TW-10H are briefly outlined here; http://translate.google.com/transla...+TW10+and+areadvd&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

which was found in this thread; http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?...forums/showthread.php?t=129974&highlight=tw10

13. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    One thing I've noticed is the linked brochure is the TW-10H , maybe this is an error, I'm going to call and check.

Would anyone have an idea how this would compare to the sanyo z2 ? From the reviews I have read of this epsom is that it is agreat projector - however, the reviews always factor in price (obviously) so this factors highly for the epsom.

So £500 for this or £800 + for the sanyo has anyone any advice.

At 500 this seems a great deal though...

14. charlaph

charlaph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I got a response from flattelly - they hold the screens in stock, ready for delivery. I forgot to ask about details though (size, aspect ratio - all the important stuff!) but I'm sold. Placed my order and once it arrives I'll post my impressions.

Yay - finally I've got my projector. It feels good to actually come to a decision about what to buy!

15. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Cannot wait to hear about this... unbelievable price for all that stuff!!!

Amazing :)

Matt

16. robertsage

robertsage
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just checked.
    The screen is a 60" 16:9 as supplied by Epson.
    :)

17. MikeRJ

MikeRJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So tempted. I don't need the Receiver as I've just ordered a Pioneer VSX814 and I've got speakers, but they can be sold on to make this a really sweet deal.

I was all but ready to go for the TW10H as my room simply isn't big enough to justify the expense of a higher resolution projector. Is the improved contrast and brightness of the H model worth the extra £150-200 this would end up costing me ? (have to buy a screen as well if I go for the H).

18. robertsage

robertsage
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgot to mention - they also provide a 3 year on-site swap-out warranty through Epson.

Has anyone here got a TW10? I'll be running it by component out of a Marantz DV4300 on a 6ft screen from about 10ft away - and wondered if any of the techies here could give me some idea if this is a good choice for just DVD output. :rolleyes:

19. charlaph

charlaph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm only moderately worried about this. If you look at the quoted specs of something like the AE200 (for instance) it doesn't have the best brightness/contrast figures, yet is capable of excellent results. I guess it depends on how you intend to use it. I'll be able to achieve pretty much 100% blackout conditions for mine, so fingers crossed the brightness won't be a problem. Plus it's my first projector - I'm not expecting the last word in picture quality for £560, so a slightly lower contrast (hopefully) won't bother me too much. Having seen RichMercers pictures of his TW10H I'm confident that the TW10 will give a perfectly acceptable picture - if not quite as good as the H.

I'm just dipping my toe into the Projector world, so the extra £100+ saving is important to me, possibly moreso that picture quality. If I can live with a projector then I'll probably get upgrade-itis pretty soon. I always do!

20. maxiboy

maxiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think that you will be more than happy with the quality. I used to have an old DLP projector which had a poor picture and was noisy. My TW10H is fantastic. (I have had it for about a month). I have no doubt that there are better (and more expensive) projectors out there but for the money I feel that either the TW10 or H are excellent.

Obviously you could wait another 1/ 2 years and buy something better, but I can't think of many electronic produts that hold their value in terms of £. The value is that you can watch big films at home.

21. MikeRJ

MikeRJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, after agonizing about this for a while I've decided I can't miss this exceptional deal. Person I spoke to at The Flat TV Company seemed very helpfull and the order will be delivered on Wednesday hopefully.

Although it's not exactly the latest and greatest, the projector gets very good reviews and if I decide to upgrade I'm not going to lose a whole lot of money on this deal. Thanks everyone for your advice.

22. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've also ordered from Flattelly - looking forward to a 60 ft screen (maybe 6ft then).

Also asked about the brochure they attached (which was the TW-10H) and they said this was the only one they had and it is definitly the TW-10 which will be delivered.

You guys who have also ordered let us know what they've been like - as expecting mine back end of the week.

23. robertsage

robertsage
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally gone for it. £569 delivered (shame about the 2% Barclaycard charge - but worth it for the protection :) )
    Can't wait !! :clap:
    Thanks to the OP !

24. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  25. charlaph

charlaph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well this bundle was on flattelly for £700 a couple of weeks ago, so I'm not all that surprised at the price it's fetching.

Turns out I have a review of the TW10! Bundled with last months (November) issue of What Video and Widescreen TV there was a free 'What Projector' guide, quite slender, but one of the reviews was for the TW10 - I thought it was a review of the the H model, but it's not (you can tell from the brightness and contrast ratings) My scanner is busted, so I photographed the review. Didn't come out too great because of the flash, but it's all legible between the 2 shots -

http://www.charlaph.dsl.pipex.com/aPB020001.jpg
    http://www.charlaph.dsl.pipex.com/aPB020002.jpg

Also, I was a bit unnerved by MikeRJ getting such an early delivery date and so I rang them this morning to see when mine was going to be delivered and they've put me into tomorrows deliveries as well! Yay! - shame I don't have any component cables and have no way of getting any tomorrow!

26. jamesvtidohc

jamesvtidohc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    ive got that mag freebie too! got a well good rating!

yeah the difference between the tw10h model is that the h model has 1200 ansi lumens where as the tw10 has 1000 ansi lumens, the contrast ratio on the h model is higher too but i forgot by how much plus the h model has a higher resolution. the deal from flat telly is well good though, as im looking to purchase my first projector soon, and not having a big budget being a full time student, this meets my needs. im probably going to order the package at the end of the month!

27. robertsage

robertsage
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Expecting delivery of my bundle Thursday - will posts some pics of the screen/screenshots when set-up :smashin:

28. MikeRJ

MikeRJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    They said they'd ring me and confirm delivery date, but heard nothing today so not sure if it'll come tommorow after all. Oh well, my component cables from tvcables and Xbox HD kit haven't arrived yet anyway.

29. MikeRJ

MikeRJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Contrast was up from 700:1 to 800:1 I think, but resolution is the same.

30. MikeRJ

MikeRJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just spoke to Flattelly sales. They said that as demand had been so high they are having to ship all orders on Friday. Charlaph, probably worth giving them a ring if you are planning on a day off work.