Anybody out there with a Marantz MM9000/AV9000 setup ?

Jinxybbc

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am looking to share some views on this power amp/pre tuner compo. I appear to be one of very few people with this setup !!
1....Is there any ratings anywhere ?
2....A dated system maybee ?
3....power compared to say pioneer E08 Amp.

Any views would be appreciated.

I had this for an extended home demo, and found it to be, in my opinion, superior to a Denon A1SE. The poweramp is very musical, and powerful. I also found the Processor to be surprisingly good, especially in THX mode.

The pioneer EO8, though good isn't really in the same class as the Marantz combo. The Marantz has much more real world power (current) than the Pioneer. Bear in mind that Pioneer regularly "juggle" the output figures of their amps to make them seem more powerful.

A dated system? From one perspective, yes. But consider how much money you will be needing to spend to gain a worthwhile incerase in performance. You are looking at the TAG processor and suitable poweramp (the Marantz is just as good as the Rotel 1075, so think about the £1500 Rotel 1095 or better) which makes the Marantz a good value buy.

There is a review of your Marantz combo on the Home Entertainment website here:

Marantz 9000 Review

I must admit that the review really doesn't make much sense, but read it if you will.

Russell

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: russraff ]

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom