Anybody ordered this particular film yet ?

Can you not sleep!!
PS no it is not due out till november 2001 I think.
cheeRS

------------------
And the monkey flips the switch.

thanks duncan,exellent news just placed an order,when do you think it will be released?

Yep, ordered mine 2 month's ago, £17.99, could be a bargain if Lucas bring's out a special addition with all the bell's and whistles for about £30.
I'm sure Play would stick to this price for pre order's.

Cheers
Tim

------------------
Perhap's today is a good day yo die

Had mine on order for quite some time now.
I can't remember who said it, but news from another forum said poss. this year for a release. 2001 is too long I think.

------------------
Douch!!......Wot's da madder, da CIA got you pushing too many penzils?

Work: www.hughes-tv.co.uk

At time of posting I had just got home frfom work

At the time of replying I have just woke up so I can get ready for work

I'm sure Play247 will supply it at that price if you Pre-Order now, but don't expect to receive it ANYWAY NEAR the release date...I'd add another couple of months on top before you can expect to recive it....YEP at least a couple of months!

PS - No make that a few!
biggrin.gif

will it surpass the audio of the laserdisc though, unless its dts, this is most unlikely.

however, it is very cheap, the laserdisc being about 2.5 times this price.

Video should be good as a consolation though, unfortunately, there's no concrete release date so i'm not sure if its worth spending£50 on the laserdisc or waiting a few months for the DVD, oh the dilemmas.

------------------
Assumption is the mother of all errors

member formerly known as hank hill, the Jesus H
but he got bored of that so changed to some latin sh*t
'which is nice'

[This message has been edited by Ars longa, vita brevis (edited 03-02-2001).]

Yep, got my copy of Phantom Menace DVDthrough the post this morning. (Disc-Emporium are brill!).

The anamorphic picture is crystal clear and the DTS EX sound was superb. Just blows you away.

The commentary from George Lucas was extremely interesting (especially his banter with Natalie Portman and Ewan McGregor -who also commentate).

The menus start with a door opening to reveal Darth Maul who draws his double light sabre. Superb stuff.

The second disc contains 4 documentaries about the SFX etc and interviews with the cast.

The deleted scenes are interesting, as are the out-takes - wait till you see the one where Samuel L Jackson reverts (mockingly) to his Pulp Fiction character - hilarious.

The disc also includes trailers (in DD 5.1) for the original Trilogy - great stuff).

The only thing that disappointed me about the DVD was that I dreamt it all.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Ono (edited 02-02-2001).]

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom