1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody looking for a small, very high quality, widescreen LCD monitor...

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by MuFu, Apr 15, 2003.

1. MuFu

MuFu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Check out the Samsung 172W. :cool:

It *almost* matches the fantastic IQ standards set by the 172T (widely regarded as the best 17" LCD monitor available, ATM) with the advantage for DVD viewing/cueing that it has a 15:9 AR and can go alot brighter. Plus, the stand is very flexible and allows wall mounting with a depth of 5cm.

[​IMG]

172W on the left... that's a 172T-MM (which now belongs to a friend/client) on the right. Best thing about it is the price... ~£430 new, which is about the same as the 5:4 version. :)

MuFu.

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Had a VERY close look at this the other day. Was very impressed (PC World) but could find little technical info on it and what I did find was contradictory. I eventually bought a Grundig LCD which had more contrast / brighter and faster but it was much more (TV / Component inputs etc but no DVI). I must say I was impressed with both, can't quite work out the 15:9 thing though.

Still tempted fr the wife ;)

3. MuFu

MuFu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  4. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Thanks for the reviews, your search engine works better than mine it seems! :blush:

The brightness is basically the same, for a PC monitor it really is a bit high for me, but I am only playing with these 'new generation LCD panels'. Still needs setting up, I wonder if Gordon does ISF on 17 inch panels :rolleyes: