Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Anybody know about the JVC GR-DX95?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by R0bB, Sep 3, 2003.

1. R0bB

R0bB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm about to buy one - does anybody have any feedback, or alternatives?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

2. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It replaced the GRDV 507 which was a very very good piece of kit, I know I'got one!

3. R0bB

R0bB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - did you look at any alternatives, and what made you go for the GRDV 507?

4. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 507 was small, side loading tape mecanism, no buttons hidden behind the LCD screen meaning that you potentialy save battery time when you need it, a smart card included although quality isn't like a digital cam it nevertheless isn't bad, good reviews everywhere and best of all, the website I got it from had made a £100 mistake in the price and I got away with it, ah well........!

The minus point apart for the pathetic battery delivered with it is that sometimes you hear a slight mecanism noise in your recordings (only when zooming in or out). Doesn't matter if you film a wedding but can sometimes be a spot of bother while filming your baby boy sleeping!

5. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Rob

I did not reply to all of your questions.

the main point for me was to have a smart card readr for pictures and I was also seduced by a few "Sharp" models, cannot remember what they were now but they have a very good offering as well.

6. R0bB

R0bB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all your help