Anybody here experienced 4DX?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by tony kop77, Jul 6, 2015.

1. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    I have seen a few films in 4DX but last night I watched the latest Terminator and thought wow, I really enjoyed it and seems to have got better. I found the seats moved a lot more though at times it did make me concentrate more on what was going on around me than concentrating on the film.
    I found myself to be closer to the action with the 3D experience and the smell, wind and water, even the people in the room went wow when viewing the new Mission Impossible trailer and chairs throwing us around etc.

People that have tried 4DX do you find it as just another way for cinema to get money out of people or do you think it adds to the film? I always try and view films in 4D now but there are not many showings, only about 2 a day I think.

2. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,445
    Just noticed an enthusiastic post about 4DX by Goooner in the Mission Impossible thread, so am wondering whether anybody else is an ardent fan of this cinema?

As it does look like fun in these videos but I can imagine the novelty of being shaken around like that whilst having stuff sprayed in the face could get annoying after 2+ hours!

The UK's First 4DX Cinema Opens at...

Smelly Screens & Moving Seats At The...

3. Shaun666

Shaun666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    The last thing I want when watching a film is the seat to be moving around. If you're into that sort of a thing just ask a teenager to sit behind you and keep kicking the seat back like so many of them seem to enjoy.