Anybody heard anything on this new -RW/+Rw Ram + HDD recorder from Panasonic ?

There has been some discussion about this. I think if you search for new models from panasonic (or something like that) you should find it.

I don't know anything about it apart from the fact that I'm holding off buying a DVD Recorder until these are released :) Someone mentioned end of April as a possible date.

The pic looks like it might be the US version 'cos it has the TV Guide logo on it. Unless the Euro version has that too?

Cheers
Nas

The thread you may be interested in is here

Here is some new information I posted yesterday on this thread :

Rasczak said:
The EH50 is the E85 replacement - due in March/April. UK details have yet to be announced but I would expect it to have a similar spec to that announced at CES, i.e. 100GB HDD, DVD-RAM/-RW/-R/+R recording and instant startup. I doubt we'll get the EPG - but we'll have to see.

The EH50 has been announced on the website of Panasonic Germany, oddly it seems that the European reference will be DMR-EH52EG

For the features list check here

Here in Europe we lose 20GB compared to the US :mad: : the EH52 will only have a 80GB HDD...

And why Panasonic prefers to include a stupid SD slot instead of a DV-input beats me completely as well :mad: (to bad for Panasonic, but I'll go for one of the new Pioneers)

Apparently we will have a choice between silver and black.

Oh, and from the feature list in the second url, it seems that XP recording wouldn't be possible anymore on the HDD :eek:, although it remains to be seen if this part of information is correct because it doesn't make sense to me at all.

Yves

to bad for Panasonic, but I'll go for one of the new Pioneers
If your waiting for the new models then I would suggest keeping your options open. For one Pioneer has yet to produce a really decent DVD recorder (the DVDR920 is the closest yet - but even that fails to match even the mid ranged Panasonic's in PQ). Secondly the offerings from Toshiba or Sony may well prove to be very tempting. And thirdly Panasonic's mid and top range replacements in their HDD/DVDR combi line are likely to be impressive machines (with instant start and 12 bit ADC/DACs). In short wait and see with an open mind is always the best way forward...

Does anyone know if there is a replacement planned for the Panny E65. (Currently tempting me as its only £200) None of the new models seem to incorporate a DV-in?

Does anyone know if there is a replacement planned for the Panny E65. (Currently tempting me as its only £200) None of the new models seem to incorporate a DV-in?
The E65 replacement will appear in the Summer. Panasonic have a policy of rolling updates:
- E55, E85 and E75 will be updated March/April
- E65, E95 will be updated in the Summer
- E500 will be updated November

We may even see an 'extra' model this year - a HDD/DVDR/VCR combi.

Rasczak said:
If your waiting for the new models then I would suggest keeping your options open. For one Pioneer has yet to produce a really decent DVD recorder (the DVDR920 is the closest yet - but even that fails to match even the mid ranged Panasonic's in PQ). Secondly the offerings from Toshiba or Sony may well prove to be very tempting. And thirdly Panasonic's mid and top range replacements in their HDD/DVDR combi line are likely to be impressive machines (with instant start and 12 bit ADC/DACs). In short wait and see with an open mind is always the best way forward...

Having owned a Panasonic HDD/DVDR and now on my second Pioneer,I know which I prefer.
Discs recorded on my Panny are not noticeably different to my Pioneer recordings.
And with -RW flexibility/compatibility as opposed to RAM,Disc Backup for PC style cloning without a PC,a flexible recording feature on the HDD that actually records for as long as you want,instead of as long as IT wants,the Panny machines can sit on the shelf.
Adding -RW because RAM is an incompatible pain(no other reason for it)shows Panny are trying to offer a better machine.And once the FR problem is sorted they will be worth getting again.
However,the Disc Backup is noce extra that only Pioneer offer

Rasczak said:
If your waiting for the new models then I would suggest keeping your options open. For one Pioneer has yet to produce a really decent DVD recorder (the DVDR920 is the closest yet - but even that fails to match even the mid ranged Panasonic's in PQ).
SNIP

That doesn't sound too promising :( - I have detailed my, less than entirely favourable, impressions of the Panasonic E95 here

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188287

and, with that in mind, I was hoping that the Pioneer models might be worth looking at
:(

I just read that JVC new models this year will offer all format recordings!!
Yep -rw,-r, +rw, +r and RAM all togther as one in a consumer deck. Quite suprised about this as JVC's consideringit parent company.

Yep -rw,-r, +rw, +r and RAM all togther as one in a consumer deck. Quite suprised about this as JVC's consideringit parent company.
I should think that within a couple of years virtually all machines will be at least dual format and probably many Super Multi format - a large number of people buy machines based on how many formats they support - which is why the Sony and Toshiba models are doing so well for example.

I wonder which company will be the first to have a combined bluray/hd-dvd player/recorder, my money's on one of the Korean giants, given all the political
bickering that going on at the moment.

I wonder which company will be the first to have a combined bluray/hd-dvd player/recorder
That's not going to be an ease feat to accomplish - although they both use Blue laser technology HD DVD and BluRay have major fundamental differences which will make dual drives a non-starter for a long time to come unless they opt for dual drives like the Panasonic DIGA E700 - hardly viable for sub-£1500 machines though. However Thompson have announced they will be working on one and I should imagine Samsung will as well (although the TSST partnership might prevent/delay this).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom