Anybody have know what Be broadband is like?

Discussion in 'ISPs & The Internet' started by StealthHD, Sep 7, 2007.

1. StealthHD

StealthHD
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I'm thinking of changing over to Be broadband 24meg service. I would like some opinions of what there service is like:lease: from people that have used or currently use Be broadband. All input will be appreciated

2. williemaykit

williemaykit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I have been with BE for a year now and I can't fault them. I have only had one outage which lasted an hour mid morning (when most of us are at work) but other than that no problems.

Performance wise, I would rate them as excellent, especially for my area where a BT Max line would give me 1-3Mb/s vs 8-11Mb from Be. They do have a Fair Usage Policy but no one has ever been called up on it and BE have some heavy users.

Customer Service is pretty good. Contacting any of BE's numbers are free (0800) and they are usually pretty quick to pick up the phone. The longest I have ever been on hold was an 10 minutes which was during the outage above.

Price - I would rate it as very good value for money. BE is purely about speed so there is no value add services like web space, email addresses, etc. You get the connection and a wireless router (BE Branded SpeedTouch 780 which works with PCs and Macs). My last ISP (PlusNet) threw in alot of these add-ons like web space, I can honestly say that I never used any of them other setting up separate email addresses for my wife and I. For me, I prefer having the speed.

The other great thing is that there is no 12 month contract. You pay quarterly and that is all the notice you have to give. You do have to return the BE Box if you decide to leave them or pay a fee to keep it.

Overall, BE are a great ISP with excellent customer service and performance.

There are a few of us here on BE but if you want, have a look at The Unofficial BE Forum which has alot of valuable information.

3. StealthHD

StealthHD
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Excellent,
    thats what I wanted to hear. It looks like I will be going over to Be broadband as I'm sick to death of BT. Many thanks for the info I really do appreciate it :smashin:

4. badbob

badbob
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +318
    Yup, hardly any connection drop outs, fast downloads, no p2p caps etc.
    Only negative is Indian call centre operators. You'll have to speak Indian:)

5. williemaykit

williemaykit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I thought they were in Bulgaria. Never had any problems with the call centre but then I have only spoken to them twice. The service is usually that reliable that you have no need to call them. Also if you need an answer, there are forums (official and unofficial) where there are alot of helpful people

StealthHD, if you want me to refer you to BE, pm me your email address and we can then both get a month's free access.

6. mwallan

mwallan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    I have to say that be was the best isp i have been with, fast speed i could download 300gb a month and nothing from the isp ... now i have moved up to hell sorry hull im stuck with the worst ISP ever karoo .. would not be to bad if i could keep the same speed all day at 6am i can get 7mb but avro im looking at 1mb how crap is this ....

If you can get be go for it

7. thelawns

thelawns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    I have BE and as already stated above, its an awesome connection! See the Speedtest result in my sig below... :clap:

8. Killswitch 73

Killswitch 73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +244
    i have been with BE broadband for smack on a year now ..and up untill last week i was 24 meg unlimited and upto 1.3 meg upload..and i was getting 14-15 meg download and 1.2 meg upload (was always 1.2 meg upload)....the upload is supreme if you host on xbox live..the first week i was with them i had nothing but trouble but that was BT's fault as there was isues with there green jucntion box on the main road....saying all this i live in a high rise block of flats on the scond floor ...so that would mean a deacrease in speed living in a high rise....well as i said to you i was on 24meg up untill last week i now have there upto 8 meg broadband and still upto 1.3 meg upload.....i now get 6-7 meg download and my upload is 1.1meg...to be honest i really cant tell no differance...hosting on graw2 on xbox live is still the same....still can host a full 16 room with no laaaaaaaaaaaggggggg....but i do live around a 5 minute walk from my exchange...and if i didnt live i a high rise when i had the 24 meg then i could imagine me getting 18-20 meg.......since the first week i have had this broadband from BE all i can say is .....FANTASTIC.....best broadband in the world...and all for 14£ a month unlimited (8mg).....£24 (24meg)...........oh i almost forgot to say that the BT wires and line in my flat are 15 yrs old...dont know how old the junction box is at the bottom of the building......i have a little saying for BE broadband............. BE THERE............ OR BE SQUARE.........

9. Killswitch 73

Killswitch 73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +244
    oh......i nearly forgot to say ...if you go for the 24meg unlimted its only a 3 month contract....the 8meg is a 12 month contract...i sugest you all go for 24meg ..see what you can get ...and if you dont like it then cancel after 3 months ....if you do like it and you only get around the 10 meg mark or under then drop to 8meg ...but with a 12 month contract...however you can always downgrade and upgrade at anytime as many times as you want ..but everytime you downgrade to the 8 meg your 12 month contract starts all over...oh......and if you tell a family or friends and refer them ...you get a month free for every person you refer to BE...i dont know if they still do it it ..but they used to .do refer 24 people and get BE broadband free for LIFE...i do actualy think they stopped this as alot of people was doing it and taking the mick...