Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Anybody have 6.1 hooked up with Denon AVR-3805??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by johnnykhan, May 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. johnnykhan

johnnykhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had problem so i returned the receiver. SB speakers were defective. I was wondering if anybody else got 6.1 hooked up and like to hear their exprience. thanks

2. Andy_Lee

Andy_Lee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Johnny

It was the output that were defective or the speakers themselves? Anyway I have 7.1 on my setup and on the whole with DTS Ex the impact of the extra pair is quite noticeable more precise and better overall effects I have tried setting 5.1 to use the extra and have gotton mixed results some very good some not so. I guess it depends heavily on what the processor decides to send to the SB's. I know it doesn't just use the standard Surround sound as what comes out of the SB's is different.

I would say overall that so long as you don't invest tons of money in the SB's its worth giving it a spin but not the end of the world if you never try it.

3. johnnykhan

johnnykhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Speakers were fine, it's just the receiver was a little messed up. I heard so many good thing about this receiver. Cnet.com choose this receiver as their receiver of the year, their highest pick. Unfortunetly it did not work for me. Now i have a Pionner receiver, it's a 6.1 receiver. works fine for now, i will upgrade that receiver as soon as i can. I will most likey buy Denon 3805 again or Harman Kardon. Dont know yet.

By the way I hope that Dolby Digital or DTS comes this a new 7.1 sound format. I dont like 5.1 sound, i like to hear sound from back of my head. :thumbsup: