1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody have 6.1 hooked up with Denon AVR-3805??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by johnnykhan, May 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. johnnykhan

johnnykhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had problem so i returned the receiver. SB speakers were defective. I was wondering if anybody else got 6.1 hooked up and like to hear their exprience. thanks

2. Andy_Lee

Andy_Lee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Johnny

It was the output that were defective or the speakers themselves? Anyway I have 7.1 on my setup and on the whole with DTS Ex the impact of the extra pair is quite noticeable more precise and better overall effects I have tried setting 5.1 to use the extra and have gotton mixed results some very good some not so. I guess it depends heavily on what the processor decides to send to the SB's. I know it doesn't just use the standard Surround sound as what comes out of the SB's is different.

I would say overall that so long as you don't invest tons of money in the SB's its worth giving it a spin but not the end of the world if you never try it.

3. johnnykhan

johnnykhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Speakers were fine, it's just the receiver was a little messed up. I heard so many good thing about this receiver. Cnet.com choose this receiver as their receiver of the year, their highest pick. Unfortunetly it did not work for me. Now i have a Pionner receiver, it's a 6.1 receiver. works fine for now, i will upgrade that receiver as soon as i can. I will most likey buy Denon 3805 again or Harman Kardon. Dont know yet.

By the way I hope that Dolby Digital or DTS comes this a new 7.1 sound format. I dont like 5.1 sound, i like to hear sound from back of my head. :thumbsup: