1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody Got Virus R1 DTS?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Wayne Moule, Oct 17, 2000.

1. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    This is the only DTS disc I have got and I was not that impressed by DTS over Dolby Digital,apart from the end credits score.

For comparison,has anybody got better sounding DTS films that they have watched aswell as watching Virus DTS?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Virus really isn't a very good film for DTS but don't judge DTS just for this film.

Check out: Saving private ryan
    The bone collector
    Antz
    Dante's peak

There is a lot of good films which prove DTS is superior.

3. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hooray,somebody's got Virus R1 DTS!

Cheers Yab.

I was hoping somebody would say Virus DTS isn't a good example of DTS.Thanks for you're comments and recommendations.

I've just spent £800 upgrading to DTS and I hope it's worth it.At least the UK is getting R2 DVD DTS releases now aswell.

4. Rachael Bitchlist

Rachael Bitchlist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Wayne, I have VIRUS DTS, I hear nothing wrong with it. I'm quite satisfied. But, I like MIB, DRAGONHEART, 12 MONKEYS, AMISTAD, and most especilly BLUES BROTHERS 2000 on region uno DTS. The musical content of BLUES BROTHERS is top notch! My biggest dissapointment was GALAXY QUEST. Great flick and it sounded great in the cinema. The DD was no better, remarkably similar really. Best wishes!

------------------

Rachael, the big disc cat!

5. Rachael Bitchlist

Rachael Bitchlist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Wayne, the more DTS I listen to, the more I realize that it's not worlds above DD. I stille buy the DTS version usually, if offered. Hey, if for no other reason, just to see the red DTS light turn on, on my pre. I think DTS is better for music and for the musical content of films. But for dialog and the front three channels in general, the two seem pretty similar. I think the surround channels and .1 channels have a sight advantage on DTS. DTS didn't help GALAXY QUEST though. I bought the DD release and was dissapointed, so I gave it to my nephew and ordered the DTS. The two seem very equal to me. I've got about 15 each of the DTS LDs and DVDs. All in all, they consistently sound good. None in my oppinion sound as good as SWPM LD. If I heard SWPM in DTS, I wonder what I'd think? I think if good effort goes into mixing, either system can excel. I stille pay a few dollars more for DTS mostly, just in case. Best wishes!

------------------

Rachael, the big disc cat!

6. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Rachael.

There's not really anything wrong with the sound of Virus DTS,I was just expecting it to rock more,compared to Dolby Digital,from what I've heard about how good DTS is.