1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody got the Siemens M55

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Tracey, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought one and it's really good, but even though I've read the instructions I just can't find anywhere that stops my phone from diverting to voice mail after about 10 seconds. I've tried turning divert off completely but it still goes to voice mail. Any ideas?

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You can try Menu>Setup>Phone Setup>Divert>"Select"(on the one you wish to change)Then Set (leave the phone no. as is) and then you'll be asked for the time out in seconds. Failing this, you'll need to ask your service provider to change the timeout for you.

For help and fun why not check out www.club-siemens.net :)

3. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I tired it but there is no option for me to adjust the time at all. also unless i'm being really stupid when sending a text message it keeps reverting to the T9 input which I don't want.

4. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Looks like your network has disabled the option then... I'm on Orange and it works for me. To prevent T9 by default, go to the T9 Input option under Setup>Display You can then untick "T9 preferred".

5. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks I've sorted out the T9 thing now so I can send a text message wohoo. I'm on T-Mobile though I don't know why they would disable it as voicemail is free. I'll have to give them a call.