1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody got Sony davsb300?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Widescreenx, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Widescreenx

Widescreenx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can anyone tell me what this system is like?

2. MCCURLEY

MCCURLEY
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one if these systems not long ago. I got it for sub £200 quid and for that money I reckon it is pretty good.

It is definately not the best out there but if you get it at a good price it is ok.

My only real problem with it is the lack of conenction options, there is no optical input for sky plus and there is only one RGB scart output on the back.

I think it depends on how much you are paying for the system and what you are using it for. I personally never bother playing music through it but I have read that it is not good at that.

It is however basically the same as the DAVSB500W without the wireless rear speaker.

Hope this helps

3. Max Payne

Max Payne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Hi there,

Im interested in purchasing the davsb300 or 500 aswell, and was wondering where you purchased it at £200?

Would appreciate your help

Thanks

4. MCCURLEY

MCCURLEY
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got it off ebay for £169.99 + P&P. It is A graded stock from a shop in Glasgow and comes with a years warranty. I am very happy with the quality for that money. I am considering changing the dvd-reciever unit though as I require different audio connections to rectify a lipsync issue with my plasma screen.

The seller was called rwl1967 he seems to sell a lot of reconditioned Sony gear for good prices.

Sellers Current Auctions

Hope this helps

5. Max Payne

Max Payne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Thanks for that.

Before I buy - can anyone advise on whether I can make this system multi-region. The only thing that is holding me back from buying it at the moment as I can't seem to find anywhere that can give me the codes or even whether it can be done?

Anyone?

6. Nodrick

Nodrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. Max Payne

Max Payne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135

Excellent thank for the link - at least it can be done and I won't waste my collection of region 1 DVD's

I do have a Palm at home - what do I need to do, what software etc - is there a step by step guide anywhere that I can follow, and most importantly what is the cost.

Sorry for all the questions, but you have been a great help so far.

Thanks!