• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anybody got a whitlow?

sprinty

Established Member
Or had one?

I have one on my thumb hurts like hell, throbs continuously, and looks like a swans head from the side. Been to the docs today and got antibiotics. She said it should start to go down wed or thurs.

Anybody know a way of easing it (painlessly please):(

I would love a nights sleep!

emo72

Established Member
had one. it was agony. and then it burst.

stick a pin in it the relief was great.

PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT A MEDICAL PRACTITIONER:hiya:

danuk

Established Member
I don't envy your position one bit they seriously hurt. The pain when you catch a whitlow on something is excruciating.
You can try soaking it in hot, salty water (boil the kettle and wait until it cools down just enough so that it doesn't burn) and when it's softened up you can try bursting it with a sterile needle. You must make sure the needle is sterile or you run the risk of getting a secondary infection. If you burst it you've got to make sure you keep it clean and dry afterwards.
I'm not a doctor, this is just what I've done on the few occasions I've had one.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom