1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody got a Sony MDR E888 ???

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Aitch_Kay, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Aitch_Kay

Aitch_Kay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Apparently these buds are meant to be superb ...... but I cant find anybody who has a pair or even anybody who sells them in the UK (apart from Ebay ofcourse :))

2. Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm onto my second set of these headphones now. The first set were bought about 7-8 years ago IIRC. The originals were dying through wear and tear when I was lucky enough to find a set in a small provincial Italian town. I don't think they had any idea what they were and sold them very cheap. :D This would have been in 2000-2001. By this time I believe they were already discontinued.
    For the time and type they were very good but comparing them to new sennheisers (MX500/PX200) I don't think they are particularly good. They are bright and detailed but lack bass, as do many in ear types. I have found that more modern source equipment seems to have a brighter output anyway so they can get a little fatiguing. Things move on and I suspect that your money could be spent more wisely. I now use PX200s for the record.
    I understand that if you insist on in ear types the Entymotics (sp) are the way to go.

3. Funky

Funky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I know the E888 is still available. Click here

These earbuds is decent. But they have the fitting and long burn in problem which make a lot of people stay away from these buds. In my experience, they are fantastic. In this price range, I still can't find a pair of earbuds to replace the e888s