Anybody got a Samsung?

binbag

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Or even demo'ed one?

Apart from one reference to an AVS thread there hasn't been a word about the brand on here.

What do you know?

Or even demo'ed one?

Apart from one reference to an AVS thread there hasn't been a word about the brand on here.

What do you know?

Hey Binbag, I had much the same problem. Richer Sounds had an ex demo Samsung SPA 400 at £299 (with 0 hours on the lamp). I took a punt on it as it seemed very cheap for a 720p PJ. Whilst I am new to all of this and have little to compare it to I only have good things to say about it until now. Its relatively quiet, produces great images for Movies and Games via my Denon AVR 1909.

On the negative side, although it looks good it is a fairly large.

Be good to get some others feed back on their long term experiences as I have only had mine for a few weeks.

Sounds like you scored a real bargain. :smashin:

Any idea of what the throw distance/ratio is?

Well not exact measurements as Im not at home right now, but the PJ is on a table about 3/3.5m from the wall and I am getting an image that is 2.1m wide (just using a wall - screen should arrive today). I am putting an 84" screen in but I will need to mount the PJ about 3m back from the screen to get the correct image size.

As I say, nothing to compare it to but I was amazed at how large an image i could get as it is not advertised as short throw. Infact its a bit too large as right now it wraps onto the side walls (like a poor mans Imax ;o) ). No manual zoom which is a pain, but I am getting a false ceiling put in so am fortunate that I can mount it in exactly the correct place. You do have a manual focus to ensure the image is sharp. I have not had to mess around with keystone.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom