1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody Got A Panasonic Nv-gs35b Camcorder I Would Like Reviews

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by tel47, Sep 7, 2005.

1. tel47

tel47

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone on here own a panasonic nv-gs35b.

i am thinking of buying one and would like to know how it performs,i was told that it does not record movies on to the SD card only stills is this true ? as in the specifications they claim it records stills and movies,also what about the 1000 times digital zoom is this a gimmick,would love to hear some comments on this model as i am a complete novice to video cameras.

cheers tel47

2. cliveg

cliveg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    hi tel47,

Not sure this'll help, but I've just been into my local Jessops store to have a look and play with the camcorder, cos I'm also thinking of getting it.

I was very impressed with the way it handled...fits nicely into your hand, all buttons etc in the logical and easy positions on the camera. If you wanna use the viewfinder instead of the screen, it's in colour (almost looks like widescreen!). If you pull the viewfinder out, there is a dioptric adjustment, so if you wear glasses, you can get things in focus!

The manager was telling me that they used this camcorder to do some in-store video promotion, and it was on continually for about 2 hours, using the screen. The battery life seems pretty good.

The screen is very clear and sharp, but didn't try it outside...the optical zoom of 30x is good, but you'd need a tripod if you're gonna use the 30x maximum (forget about the 1000x digital...you'll never be able to hold it steady!!)

One other point...he told me they have suspended matching Internet prices... :thumbsdow

The cheapest I've seen it in the Internet is here...www.pixmania.co.uk ...£286 +p&p

Anyway, I was impressed with the camcorder...hope this helps.

Cheers

CliveG

3. tel47

tel47

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers clive,

thanks for the imput,i've been quite happy with other panasonic products over the years so i think you may have swayed it for me,i was also looking at the jvc gr-df470 but up to now not very incouraging feed back,do you have any comments on jvc ?

regards,

tel47

4. cliveg

cliveg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hiya,

errrm....yes, I've got a JVC at the mo...not that happy with it to be honest! Which is why I'm looking to replace it. I've had "white-out" problems with it on hols, where it couldn't cope with the bright light of the Carribbean. I had to buy a neutral density filter, which helped.

It could be just the model I have...it was a special that was exclusive to Dixons/Currys, can't remember the model number.

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of people get good results with JVC models, but from my experience the Panasonic will be better.

Cheers,

Clive

5. tel47

tel47

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers cliveg,

i think you and others are right,i will stick with the panasonic.

all the best,

tel47 :thumbsup: