1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody got 32ws that they like

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by dustyboy, Jan 13, 2002.

1. dustyboy

dustyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for something like Philips6515,Tosh z17b,Hitachi wf535.Anybody got one of these or similar that they like.If anyone has any other recommendations,please advise @cos my head is getting pickled now with trying to find something that works.Even going way over my budget to an fq75 Sony seems it will not ensure a good picture.TIA D

2. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +370
    Probably a bit over your budget I'm afraid, but the only 100Hz 32 inch widescreen TV I could find that I was happy with was a Loewe Vitros, pick one up for about 1400. The picture is possibly not quite as sharp as some of the Panasonic Taus but doesn't have any of their flaws ! Region 1 DVDs in Internal Progressive Scan mode (ie TV doesn't accept a Progressive scan input but will output any 60Hz material as 60hz Progressive) look great.

Buckster.

3. Aus k

Aus k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "Region 1 DVDs in Internal Progressive Scan mode (ie TV doesn't accept a Progressive scan input but will output any 60Hz material as 60hz Progressive) look great"

buckster
    confused????
    Had a huge chate with Loewe tech support on Friday re prog Scan.
    The upshot being:
    NO Tv shipped to a PAL region will display a Prog Scan signal. They can accept the signal but the hardware, to display it is missing (due to legal restrictions)
    sets shipped to a NTSC region will accept and display a Prog Scan signal.
    No Loewe TVs have internal Prog Scan capability. i.e. no chip onboard to convert interlaced signal to Prog Scan.
    Will take a Component signal via AV3 only.

4. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +370
    I also spoke in some depth to Loewe technical support with regards to Progressive Scan to a very knowledgeable person, this is not the 08000 number (found them of no hope at all) this is support on the 01292 Scottish number. The upshot was as follows:

(1) Will not accept any Progressive scan inputs (apart from with optional upgrades)

(2) ANY NTSC 60Hz source input on ANY Scart, in ANY Format (ie S-Video, RGB, Component) will be displayed as Progressive Scan.

(3) You can disable the Progressive Scan in the service menu, designer menu

The person I spoke to on the 08000 number was no help at all, told me that it doesn't do progressive scan (which is untrue) and told me the geometry problems I was having on NTSC was just because the TV is not designed for NTSC, and nothing could be done. If you want to know the name of the knowledgeable guy (and very helpful too) I spoke to, then email me and I will tell you.Also I have the email I received from them with regards to Progressive Scan,I won't post it here, but I will send this to you if you email me.

Best Regards, Buckster.

ps Don't want to ruin the original posters question on which 32WS to buy, any followups wrt Loewe please post elsewhere.

5. Aus k

Aus k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Appologies Dustboy, got a little of the track of your oringinal thread.
    Would agree that after 6 mths appraising tvs and dvd the Loewe Vitros or Aconda win pants down on the image stakes. Check out the new aconda 9281 at £1700 approx RRP. same spec as all other Acondas save no extras fitted and the body has a cheaper paint finish (which i actually prefer).

nothing really compares. when you delve deaper into it's features you realis this is not just a TV.....