Anybody got £49 deal that has hd

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Kimberson, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Kimberson

Kimberson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,833
    As the title states has anybody managed to get a new box for multiroom for £49 that already has sky hd and how ?

2. toddy28

toddy28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +686
    i have being installed on the 7th of feb i did buy my orignal box from ebay but the sky guy on the phone said as long as you have had your hd box over a year you can upgrade as your out of your 12 month contract with sky but it means you will have to stay for another year

just need to get a tv for the bedroom now :D or upgrade the main tv set :D

3. IanW

IanW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    I doubt it, if you read the small print, only one HD box per house, if you already have HD then the second box will be charged at £199 not £49!

Ian.

4. Kimberson

Kimberson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,833
    This is why i posted this question to see if anyone had tried to get the deal and succeded.
    I was going to try and ring them and state that if you give me another hd box for £49 quid then i would be paying them an extra £10 a month for multiroom for a minumum 12 months just like the deal there offering to new hd customers.
    Just thought i would see if anyone else had tried to geta deal and if so what angle did they go with.
    Obviously by the lack of positive replys then sky must be sticking to whats written in the small print.
    And the guy above must have got the deal as it was hes first hd box he had brought from sky !!
    Matt

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  5. Miss Chief

Miss Chief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    If you have a HD box NOT sourced directly from Sky then you can have one for £49. If you've had a HD box from Sky then you can't.

6. IanW

IanW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    hmmm that is an interesting thought. ;)

7. toddy28

toddy28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +686
    if you have had your orignal sky hd box for more then 12 months you should be able to get another for multiroom for £49 just give them a call :thumbsup:

8. Kimberson

Kimberson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,833
    Did you get this deal then ?

9. Jaycee Dove

Jaycee Dove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    If that is indeed true then I will happily do that and sell the £199 box I had to buy because Sky would not do this at Christmas.

As I am paying two HD mixes (reluctantly) and had the first HD mix/box since day one of HD in 2006 I would be better off this way.

But I do suspect, as Sky tech says, that as our first HD box was bought from Sky (for £300) we will have had our one subsidised box.

10. BrianMc

BrianMc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    I wonder what would happen in cases like mine? Sky (must) know I have an HD STB as I pay for SkyHD - BUT it was bought by me through eBay and not supplied by them!

Just noticed above that I am still entitled to the £49 STB! - excellent!

11. toddy28

toddy28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +686
    i got my box from ebay and its no problem getting a multiroom hd box as long as your hd subs from your ebay box are more then 12 months old

12. doobds

doobds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    This is what i posted on a similar thread

I have HD as my main box (on £79 + £30 deal of a few months back) and 2 extra multiroom sky+ boxes - I have registered on a very similar deal to this (£49 + £30) for a second HD box through a shopping centre official sky agent and he seemed to think it would be ok - the small print though seems to suggest that you are excluded from these deals if you have already have a subsidised box or already have an HD box - has anyone else who already has HD managed to get the OP deal or very similar on an extra/second HD box??

From other info on this forum, it appears i will not get this deal - at present though, my order has been acknowledged etc and can tracked via mysky etc - I presume sky will cotton on and refuse me!

As I suspected, email arrived asking me to complete order and surprise, surprise cost is £199 + £30 install so offer rejected after phoning them to clarify!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  13. Miss Chief

Miss Chief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187

You don't need to suspect. Even the £299 launch price was subsidised from £399 so counts as an offer.

I'll say it one more time in case anyone missed it. If you DID NOT get your HD box from Sky, be it from ebay, your brother, your local indie shop, wherever, as long as it wasn't purchased from Sky then yes, you should be able to take advantage of this offer.

14. Jaycee Dove

Jaycee Dove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    I understand and accept but is that not slightly ludicrous and (as usual) rather trusting of customer loyalty?

What follows is hypothetical (since we paid £200 for a second box at Christmas and are now paying a second HD sub on it - so Sky are laughing to the bank at our expense and I am accepting of that).

But it does not mean I find this 'fair'.

We paid £300 in 2006 and have paid nearly £400 in HD subs since. So we do not qualify for any offer, would have to now pay £200 for a second box AND a second HD sub (as indeed we did six weeks ago).

But Joe Bloggs who did not buy from Sky and, for instance, got one off the back of a lorry from Arthur Daley Trading for £50 and might never have paid Sky 1 p in HD subs since can readily get another for £49.

Somewhere along the line that fails to gell with existing Sky customers getting a fair deal.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  15. Kimberson

Kimberson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,833
    I cant see what the difference would be as i would be upgrading to multiroom and giving sky an extra tenner a month just like the new guys taking up hd

16. toddy28

toddy28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +686
    look guys if you have a sky hd box and want another one for £49 with multiroom the best thing you can do is get on the phone to sky and just ask for sky hd multiroom for £49 with free install and c if they will give it to you if they put the order through they will take the money from you over the phone by card, job done its worth trying i think its all about who you get on the end of the phone :lesson: