Anybody found the cheapest preorder?

FutureShark

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going to get this game!

Anyone had some good preorder prices?

I saw Amazon doing it for £39.99 normal edition, £37.99 at shopto.com, got to be cheaper elsewhere though!

:lease:

If you're willing to wait a week or so for delivery and take a small risk on import tax, you can order the NTSC/J region-free(as confirmed on gamehubs site) version from somewhere like playasia, gamehubs or ebay from around £27-£30 delivered.

Shopto have it for £36.99 now, along with a £2 voucher towards your next purchase. If you include this, along with the 4% Quidco it comes out at £33.91 or thereabouts.

This seems the cheapest at the moment if quidco and the voucher is useful to you, otherwise its Zavvi as it looks like the discount vouchers at the other places seem to have expired now.

I think I'll go for Shopto.

Edit: Just tried ordering and it says that cashback is not available for preorders anymore, which is a shame. I'll still go for it form Shopto though, as I'm sure I'll use the £2 voucher in the future and they're supposed to be good for preorders (ie delivered early hopefully).

Last edited:
I think I'm going to try my local supermarkets on release day for Fallout. Asda is about 2 mins from my house and they have had some great deals on games on release day recently. Unfortunately for me I've not seen any of them as I've been pre-ordering mine whilst all my mates get the same games for cheaper!

Take Fifa 09, I paid £38.99 for my copy and asda had it on release day for £29.99 (or something close to that).

Hopefully they'll do the same for Fallout and if not then it won't cost me that much more than anywhere else.

I think I'm going to try my local supermarkets on release day for Fallout. Asda is about 2 mins from my house and they have had some great deals on games on release day recently. Unfortunately for me I've not seen any of them as I've been pre-ordering mine whilst all my mates get the same games for cheaper!

Take Fifa 09, I paid £38.99 for my copy and asda had it on release day for £29.99 (or something close to that).

Hopefully they'll do the same for Fallout and if not then it won't cost me that much more than anywhere else.

Games such as Fifa a PES get what I call the 'Chav' market. If a 'Chav' buys one game a year it is a football game, and so supermarkets fight to get that market. Games such as CoD5 or Fallout 3 appeal to a more hardcore gaming market and supermarkets are generally expensive on those. Tesco still has CoD4 for £45 at my local store.

Fifa is now £37.98 at Asda.

What I'm saying is that they have deals on the day of release - not a constant cheap price.

Only on Price War games. Fallout 3 is highly unlikely to be such a game. Every year Fifa and PES have silly prices at supermarkets and highstreet shops.

It is possible, but I wouldn't bet on getting a cheaper deal than £40 or maybe £39.79. So don't be disappointed if you end up paying £40.

I used the £1 voucher for shopto in the end to get it for £35.99 delivered, along with a £2 voucher added to my shopto account, making it £33.99 delivered.

It will probably be something like £37.97 in Asda. That seems to be the price most high profile release games are for the first week, although Dead Space was £39.99 on release day.

Tescos are selling it for £34.71 from midnight

The mrs works at Sainsburys , and apparantly they are doing it for £29.99 tomorrow , guess what i'm getting tomorrow :D , i'd better tell her to put one away for me , just in case Game staff come in to buy up all the copies :rotfl:

Oh she gets 15% discount , thought i would mention that ...:smashin:

so no street date breakers yet then?

oh well....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom