Anybody flown with Jet2 advice needed please

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pure_geordie, Feb 13, 2009.

1. pure_geordie

pure_geordie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Hello, Just booked some flights with Jet2 and I'm just wondering what does fast bag-drop mean and do they weigh your bags? I'm flying from Newcastle Airport if that helps. Its my first time and was just wondering the procedure in advance. Also I gather you maybe able to check-in and print out your tickets on line as well but I'm not sure.

Thanks.

2. Iccz

Iccz
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,750
  3. pure_geordie

pure_geordie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Already checked those links on their site and it doesn't give you any info on fast bag-drop.

Can't believe an on-line Airline that doesn't have an email address for any queries.:mad:

What a load of ****

They charge 50p per minute for general enquiries.

Ta.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  4. Paul_HDLover

Paul_HDLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Congratulations - you will be travelling on one of the oldest airplaines that remain in circulation.

Honestly though, ive used them to fly to prague from edinburgh and they were very good.

5. Iccz

Iccz
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,750
    I assume all luggage wether it goes through fast bag-drop or not has to comply to the same rules as it would if you were checking it in normally. I don't know this but I don't think you're paying to get any extra weight etc.

Might be worth calling them up and asking, or maybe someone else has flown with them before.

As far as I know you just go to the fast bag-drop desk, and the tags are put on there and off you go.

6. Iccz

Iccz
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,750
    Jet2.com - 0906 3020660 - 020 30318102 - All other enquiries (except new bookings and amending existing bookings)

SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers :thumbsup:

7. pure_geordie

pure_geordie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Its OK I found this:

Also they use the latest planes available.

Boeing 737-300s. Boeing 757-200s were introduced in Autumn 2005

3.3 Online check-in
    3.3.1 Online check-in is generally available from 28 days until 5 hours before departure (until 4 hours on some routes) on certain routes exclusively to eligible passengers who have pre-selected their seats online. This facility is currently only available to passengers who have a valid EU passport and whose party does not include infants or passengers requiring mobility assistance. These exclusions are strictly for operational, safety and security reasons only. If you successfully complete the online check in process you can print off your electronic boarding card and, if travelling with permitted hand baggage only, proceed directly to the Boarding Gate via airport security. If travelling with checked baggage, you must show your electronic boarding pass at the baggage drop at the airport check-in and you will be issued with your bag tag receipt and you may then proceed to the Boarding Gate via airport security. Please note, once you have checked in on-line no further changes are permitted to your booking

Ta,:smashin: