Anybody else watching Big O?

Ed Selley

Hi-Fi Editor
Reaction score
This recently started showing on Toonami and I'm becoming pretty fond of it. It follows Roger Smith, a "negotiator" for Paradigm City- a city that for some reason collectively lost its memory 40 years due to some unknown event. Smith himself is pretty suave (and is possessed of unique eyebrows) but has a considerable asset in the form of an eight story tall "Megadeus" robot called Big O. I won't spoil any of the storylines but like must Anime series, it starts slow and then starts adding the pieces of the puzzle thick and fast.
It is also a very slick and attractive animation (that bears a striking resemblence to the drawing style of The Second Renaissance in the Animatrix) and I'm enjoying it. If you're sitting around scratching yourself at 9.45 this evening, check it out :smashin:.

I wanted to watch it, but then missed the first few episodes... Do you know if they will be showing it again from the start in another time slot?
Toonami always confuses me - I watch part one of a program but then can never find when part two is on!! :rolleyes: :blush:

Toonami generally repeat anything they've got showing to death so I wouldn't worry. It is consistently on at 7pm and 9.45pm though. Unlike Samurai Jack where you need to be psychic to work out when the next episode will be shown
It seems the first season is out on R1 boxset (hello profit share :) ) and the second season is out later in the year, the latter having 5.1 DD.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom