Anybody else crap at FIFA?

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can just about score one goal per game, irrespective of who I play as, and who I play against. Online, it's even worse. Opponent will do a 40 yard pass straight to their players feet. Their players are like little terriers, every ball they are on to it in a flash. They will dance from one end to the other, avoiding every tackle I try to make. I get the ball anywhere near an opponent and it's gone.

Me also!
I play on semi pro and just canot finish to save my life! I only win (when I win) by the odd goal.

I'm doing ok on the single player being in Division 1 on Ultimate team, multiplayer I'm not very good at all. Rarely winning and always conceding goals from crosses far too often. My finishing is very poor when under pressure too.

Was playing on Professional. Lowered to Semi-Pro and it is equally as boring as I seem to be winning every game at least 3-0.
It really is multiplayer that is the worst though. It becomes a waste of time when the opposition is 4-0 up with 30 minutes gone and you havent even got out of your own half.

Maybe Im just crap at gaming. Wont even start about COD, and how I seem to be able to fire all of my bullets into (seemingly) my opponent, they turn round and shoot me once, and I am dead!

Wont even start about COD, and how I seem to be able to fire all of my bullets into (seemingly) my opponent, they turn round and shoot me once, and I am dead!
Don't worry, I think that's just Call of Duty.

I tried being a little more patient with defending, controlling midfield players and tracking back rather than rushing defenders out. Helped a lot, I can just see my games being 0-0 now.

Don't forget to shield with left trigger, especially if being chased on wing. Great at giving you a couple of yards to cross or cut in. Not too effective with weak players though.

Have only recently started playing Career mode (manager) . I keep getting sacked for aggressive behaviour. Obviously as I could see no way to change this, I googled it. People seem to suggest it is the Kinect picking up swearing. I don't know if they are on a wind up. I don't sit here swearing, or shouting, or cheering.

I turned off Kinect in the games settings but still happening. Not really interested in managing Yeovil or some Belgian lower league team. I want to manage Millwall, take them up to the Premier League before winning the Champions League..well, I can dream can't I?

im crap at it, I mean, really crap!! fancy some scrappy sunday league online friendly?!

Always, akthough saying that,unless i am off work i am usually tucked up in bed by 7pm. But if you are about in the day ,then feel free to add me

LionOfTheSouth

online im in division 1 on seasons, im also in division 1 in ultimate team.... tho i must say i struggle a lot. i just dont know where my next goal is coming from. i find it extremely difficult to score. in fifa 13 i was a really good player, i could score from all over the pitch ie long shots, running through the middle, passing around the defence, skill my way through, crosses and corners etc, i'd easily score 5 goals per match... on fifa 14 i go into games hoping i can nick one!!

its frustrating most matches, especially in midfield. i get the ball most times and theres NOBODY to pass too, every player is marked out of the game. i usually end up passing around the defence because theres nobody to pass too. i detest that lobbing through ball as well as the kick off goal YAWN. whats most frustrating about the lobbing through ball is my player will 90% of the time get the first touch on the ball, but he kinda knocks it a tad to much in front of himself and the opposing player will run on to it and score.

Id say ive easily clocked up over 500/600 hundred games via ultimate team, seasons, co op, online friendlies and pro clubs. Yet i still feel im crap at this game. the last goals i scored came via a rebound off the keeper, a header from a corner and a mix up at the back from the other team, i want to be able to score more goals via open play or score after a great passing move ie "my own doing", not score lucky goals all the time or rely on the other team to make a mistake. i may be in the top divisions but i struggle like everybody else. after so many games i feel im no better than when i first picked the game up and thats the most frustrating part.

I can count the number of games I've won on one hand. Usually I get a 0-0 draw but I have real trouble creating chances. When I do create them, I screw up and press the wrong button(s), lob shots instead of finesse etc.

My best moves involve crosses but they are intercepted or my resulting header is off target (in one case a hit the sodding crossbar! Agrghhh!).

Practise (a lot in my case) will hopefully make perfect, I hope.

Up for some friendly games in UT to try out tactics & players.

Level (stuck in Div 6...)

If you got a point for hitting the post & crossbar I would win every game !!!!

on Xbox 1 (Mark WWW)

Yeah I'm the same, yet I seem much better on the 360 ???

Me too. I could win now and again on legendary difficulty on the 360 of Fifa 14 . I struggle to win on world class on the xbox one (and I'm not any better online). I just can't work it out. I think it might be down to the pace of players having more of an affect on the 360 version. Not totally sure.

Started playing this on saturday!! Never really been into football, in fact the last game I played in earnest was probably world cup soccer on the megadrive!!

Have to say Im hooked! Find all the "consumables" a bit of a mare and seems designed for you to part with your cash in-game

Was doing ok saturday but seem to have gone to pot yesterday! Im sure im only using half the controls

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom