Anybody connected xbox to live with wireless?

I don't think that is available in the UK.

Use a wireless bridge instead - should be £50 or less.

I use the linksys wireless game adaptor which comes in at about £60.

Try www.nickknows.com, or check out any other linksys stockist.

It was relatively easy to set up and I have been using it for a couple of months now with no problems.

excellent how has speed been? I have an old 11mb wireless system for my home lan and it's sucks , has technology move on much?

Don't notice any lag,

I have played PGR2 on live whilst missus has been surfing the web on the pc at the same time and didn't notice any lag!

Basically it's a good solution and should work if you set it up correctly!

One thing to note is that I have a linksys wireless-G ADSL router and modem combined unit (WAG54G) and the two work very well together.

The offer I got was the WAG54G with a free G rated PCMCIA adapter for my laptop from nickknows. If you have a laptop, go for this package and then buy the game adaptor separately.

I have since noticed that the best deal for this package that I can find is from comet :eek:

http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/...+matchallany&Nty=1&Ntt=wag54g&zone=eCometZone

Ta,

Sanj

I have been using a wireless connection with Live for a few months. I set it up ready for the online footy and Halo 2. I am using Linkysys 54g wireless router and ethernet bridge. Purchased from Amazon, they are about as cheap as you will find for their Stuff.

There isnt any lag if you get decent kit and set it up right. Linkysys kit is made by Cisco systems and most of the www backbone was built using Cisco hardware, so they know what they are doing. Its a good as you will get for cheap money.

It really is worth spending a bit extra buying decent stuff. It will be much easier to setup and produce a more stable connection which is of course important for online gaming. Remember wireless connections are not supported by Xbox Live in Europe (Officially). Therefore MS tech support people wont be able to offer you any help if you get problems.

This is a shame as they do support it in the US (Hence the availability of the MS wireless gamming adapter there but not in europe)

There is another thread on going about this at the moment, as I said there being honest its not particuarly easy setting up Live with a wireless bridge. I have some knowledge of networking and it still took me a while to get it working right. I dont want to put people off; loads of people on here have it working no problems, what I am trying to say is that for the novice it is strongly recommended to buy decentish stuff like the Liksys kit. Their devices support Live and they will give you help getting it working if (When) you have a problem.

Sounds great, do you have any links for the linksys kit I would need?
I have the ADSL coming into my main PC, I'm going to ditch my old wirless network so I guess I need a box of tricks attached to my main PC, then a wirless kit for the xbox and a wirless kit for my laptop and another for my 2nd pc.

Any ideas as to the exact kit I need to hook my 2nd PC and my laptop (pcmcia) and the xbox

Simon

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom