• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anybody brought SVS sub from Audiovisual Online ?

david2006

Evening everyone,

Has anybody had any experience of buying a SVS sub from Audiovisual Online that has been listed as a warehouse deal ? Their description says manufacturer refurb and may have minor marks, I have emailed them twice but only had vague replies stating that the item is in generally good or adequate condition.

I am looking at the SB4000 which has a saving of £350, but as I want the gloss black finish any marks that are too bad will stand out.

Anybody brought one ?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
One member bought i think SB2000 which had the same text, but i can`t remember he`s name. He didn´t reply any negative back though.

AVO is forum advertiser, maybe @ShanePJ could go and check it personally, give a better look.

andym81

Evening everyone,

Has anybody had any experience of buying a SVS sub from Audiovisual Online that has been listed as a warehouse deal ? Their description says manufacturer refurb and may have minor marks, I have emailed them twice but only had vague replies stating that the item is in generally good or adequate condition.

I am looking at the SB4000 which has a saving of £350, but as I want the gloss black finish any marks that are too bad will stand out.

Anybody brought one ?
Been looking at The same sub myself. Shouldn't be a problem and comes with the full 5 year warranty

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I would be confident in purchasing a warehouse deal, usually its something and nothing as to why its there (it will have been opened for sure and will have been tried/tested by use before being relisted for what ever reason it been listed as a warehouse product - so the packaging will not look like new hence the generic comments) and if its something that requires serious comment, it will be added in the condition other section, which will be different to the stock condition comments

I know it wouldn't put me off in any way if there is an option of grabbing an item with a little extra off and if I was worried, I would simply call and ask as to why it a warehouse product (sometimes its not the reason you think and it could just be a gem of a buy) :)

joseywales

Have you got it yet , thinking of ordering one myself :)

david2006

@ joseywales,

Yes have received sb400 !! Looks to be in perfect condition apart from a mark from within the recess where the driver sits, unless you are really examining it you would not notice.

Not had a chance to set it up properly yet, will report back after the weekend . :)

joseywales

Sounds good I've just ordered the PB 4000 from them , can't wait to try it

D1gita1

Just for an independant 2p worth of input, I used to work for them and brought the SVS brand into that company. Warehouse deal items are generally in very good condition and anything major would usually be listed. The item will have been in and out of its box so will have handling marks and likely some general minor scuffs, but otherwise it should be in very good condition. If you want perfect, don't buy it and spend the extra for a new one.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom