1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody bought from The Media factory

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rooster, Jan 1, 2003.

1. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just wondering if anybody has ever had problems with dealings with the media factory. I ordered several cables in the first week in December after a recommendation from a forum member and my cheque was cashed on 11th December. When my cables did not arrive after a week i contacted Joe Fernand and he said that the courier company they used were to blame and would chase it up. The last email i received from him on the subject was on 20th December to tell me he had no news. I have had no response to an email i sent just after Christmas.

I know it is the holiday season but i thought that they would have made an effort to sort my problem before breaking up . I needed the cables so that i myself could get cracking on my Home cinema project during my winter break.

2. The Nightfly

The Nightfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I bought my projector from the Media Factory and spoke to Joe on a couple of occasions. I had no problems dealing with them and everything went smoothly and on-time. From the impression I got of them, if they say the goods have been lost or delayed by the courier I would believe them.

I ordered some PC parts from eBuyer just before Christmas and paid extra for guaranteed next day delivery. Needless to say they didn't turn up on time and when I chased the courier (CityLink) with a tracking number they did explain how hectic things had been due to Christmas and they had to take on temporary drivers and things hadn't gone smoothly. eBuyer refunded my entire postage costs and I guess eBuyer in turn would be looking for a refund from CityLink for failure on the guranteed date.

Allan

3. Samir

Samir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rooster
    I had a very poor level of service from TMF when I ordered my cables, the whole time they would fob me off saying that there was a problem with Van Damme.
    In the end I just called VDC trading myself And got first class service and it was much cheaper too:)
    I will never advise anyone to use TMF (IMHO) They took forever and a day to return my check too
    :mad:

Stay well away

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I had good service from TMF, didn't even receive an invoice to pay for my Vanne Damme componant cables until after I had received them, it did take a couple of weeks though, but dam good quality cables at a cheap price.

5. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have no reason to doubt that it was the couriers to blame but i find it very unprofessional of them to leave it for 2 weeks while they go on holiday while they have had my money for almost a month now. Originally they said it would take 4 days to make the cables so the right thing to do in my mind would be to make some more and resend and then chase up the courier company for the other ones which they would be certain to shift at some point.

6. cmoore

cmoore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I remember seeing this thread when I was looking to buy a load of new stuff at the end of November as always meant to post this reply - just forgot to do it until now!

I posted a few questions around this forum to find out what system I should get in terms of plasma, dvd player, scaler, amp and speakers. Keeping my Sky plus box.

In the end I decided not to replace the speakers but just upgrade the front two and am still waiting for Arcam to release their new amp.

Anyway back to the point of this post. Being a bit of a techie I like to know as much as I can and I have to say that from Joe and the Media Factory and Gordon of Convergence AV I got an answer to everything I could think of - and that really is saying something.

So from the technical perspective Joe is definitely at the other end of the scale from Dixon's in-store advice!

The price was all in all competitive. If I had gone to the lowest priced web sites for each component I could have saved a few hundred pounds but decided that the service I received and the overall feel to the purchase easily justified the extra (and I am not that easily convinced to pay more than I need to - excluding instant gratification occasions!).

One down side was that Joe did not take credit cards so I had to transfer around £6K into his bank account and then hope he delivered something. A scary thing to do without the protection of consumer credit laws. This is one of the main reasons for writing this post as it nearly put me off (that and the fact that there seemed to be negative feedback where I had nothing but praise). Anyway, having checked Joe out with all available sources it was amazing just how credible he turned out to be and the whole thing went as smoothly as you could hope for.

Delivery was agreed for the following Saturday and Joe's man turned up with everything as promised. This was another bonus I have to say. You forget when ordering things that some companies still insist that you stay in all day for a delivery. Whereas with this kind of personal service I could go out shopping until the delivery driver called me with half an hour to an hours warning. Great! It should always be this way!

So that's me done, just felt that fair service should get the publicity it deserved. If anyone is looking for advice on and somewhere to purchase av systems then I have to recommend The Media Factory.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Chris Moore.

7. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I am supprised that this he been resurected and fell that I would have best left alone in the bowels of the forum

8. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes tmf get them from VDC, vdc very good

D