Quantcast

Any Yamaha 640 or Marantz SR5400?

Techno

Standard Member
Hi

I've decided to buy one of the following.

Marantz is probably better but costs a little more. Yamaha has some good reviews and basically has want I want.

My question please is, does anybody with one of these know if the Sky/Sky+ remote can be programmed to control the volume, similar to controlling a TV?

Thanks

T

tuftus

Hi,

I have a 640 and cannot get the Sky controller to get the volume to work, I could not get the yamaha control to work the sky either after both emailing yamaha and speaking to sky.

Hope this helps.

Andy

A

andy121

Remember that the new V650 is released next month - so that may be worth looking at ...

dynamic turtle

Novice Member
The 640 rocks baby :clap: !!

Endless, endless hours of DSP fun at your fingertips......

G

Gatto

I would opt for the Marantz. The power amps built into this receiver are better then the Yamaha.

Techno

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies everybody.

Ordered the Marantz this morning before anybody had replied - good price from QED and she arrives tomorrow:clap:

Hope I can control the volume or it's going to cost me for a Pronto:thumbsdow

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
I'm pretty sure it can't but it will probably control your telly and the $ky+ volume by dint of being plugged into it.

Falp

Novice Member
Great Choice!

The Marantz is a far better all-rounder, better musically and also great for Home Cinema!

The Yamaha is a great choise for movies and effects only.

dishdoc

hi

Just regarding controlling yamaha rx volume with sky+ remote, it is possible, coz I control my rx v1400 volume with my sky+ remote. Will try to dig out where I found info.

cheers

dishdoc

dishdoc

Techno

Standard Member
Star man Dishdoc, thanks for that.

The gear's all sat here waiting to be set up - roll on Saturday.

Cheers

Techno

dishdoc

No problem, techno - glad to help :clap: