Any word on new 3DS Selects?

Flashy

Really keen to pick up several games for the 3DS, but wonder whether they'll be re-released under the Nintendo Selects banner. Know the Wii U has just had some additions but nothing on the 3DS. Some of the ones I'm interested in are...
  • New Super Mario Bros 2
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Luigi's Mansion 2
  • Mario Kart 7
They're all still generally well over £20 each even second hand. I don't mind going down that route if necessary, but will hold off if that seems sensible – I'm working my way through Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros and still have Link Between Worlds and Triforce Heroes unopened, so I'm not in a particular rush.

Appreciate they're probably still selling well, but wondered if anything could be expected before Christmas, especially given the reported massive sales uplift for Super Mario 3D World on Wii U with its Selects release.

cmdrmarc

Mario Kart has never gone budget on any previous system and given it's constant popularity I'd be surprised if that ever changed.

Selects in general seem to be April and September so it'll be a while til the next batch I suspect. I'd guess at least one of the Mario titles would be in it, and things like DK Returns.

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
Pretty sure most Mario Karts ended up getting budget releases, certainly the SNES original, MK64, GBA one, Double-Dash and MKDS, so there's still hope!

cmdrmarc

Pretty sure most Mario Karts ended up getting budget releases, certainly the SNES original, MK64, GBA one, Double-Dash and MKDS, so there's still hope!
Huh you're right! I don't think they did a budget range for the DS at all though did they? And I'm pretty sure MK Wii didnt go budget.

PFML84

I wanna get NES Remix for the 3DS but it is still so expensive, even on download only which you would expect to be cheaper than the cartridge version, but in a good few places it is more expensive. Hopefully it gets a price drop soon.

Flashy

I've given up waiting and have gone down the second-hand route. So far picked up a mint Luigi's Mansion for £19, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask for just over a fiver and Mario 3D Land for about £15.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom