Any WH08B owners with this problem?

W

wah

I'm not sure if this is a problem that has been discussed before but on my set, there is this "banding" effect on the left hand side of the screen when there is a dark scene on DVD (i.e. matrix, end of days). These bands are kind of like a light and dark grey effect with each band half to one inch thick. This banding is not apparent when wathcing a bright scene (not noticeable watching A Bug's Life). I am using component cables to a tosh DVD player, have tried altering the contrast/birghtness settings and played about with convergence etc. Weird thing is it doesn't seem to happen when watching normal TV.

I've just spoken to someone from Toshiba about it (all credit to them as I emailed them yesterday) and the guy said he's never heard of this before. So I was wondering if it's just my set, my DVD player or just me being picky? He recommended that I should try and look at another set. Has anyone here have/had these problems?

Thanks.

I have the same effect, it has been reported a number of times on this forum. I am also using component connections.

It is only noticeable during very dark scenes, but I have learned to live with it...

If you work your way through this section you will find many messages referring to this matter. Toshiba tell me they are still working on it, but it can be reduced by reducing Contrast and Brightness, both to less than 50, ideally around the 40 - 42 mark.

Thanks Carl, I knew I wasn't alone in this as I have read some older posts about owners having experienced this. I think I read somewhere that it could be fixed.

I am hoping more people will add to this so I can show Toshiba that it is not a one off affecting just my set, so the more of you who can say you've seen this the better. Hopefully they will be more willing to send out their engineers to fix this.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom