any were to get a a1 for uk next day or without import

runner05

Ex Member
Reaction score
im looking to buy a hd dvd player but dotn want to get a huge import fee, i am willing to pay extra if some body knows of anywere ships from uk or is import duty free.

www.movietyme.com have the XA1 in their UK next day section along with most of the HD titles on release at the moment.

Can't recommend them highly enough for service. The price you see is what you will pay and you won't get stung by customs.

If you want the cheaper A1 model keep an eye on their site, its been in and out of stock recently.

whats the diffrence between the 2 players, cant rely afford 600quid.

any other places you can think of

HD -A1 is short in supply. I got mine from Movietyme. Very good service I have got. If you can squeeze some more money out get the HD-XA1. Trust me you wont regret your puchase after seeing the HD picture quality.Top of that XA1 is better looking, got motorised front panel and backlit remote. And remind you the upscaling capabilty will blow you away. Though it can't play PAL and region 2 DVDs.

DHAKA

agree 100% m8,i own the XA-1 and it was worth every penny.:D

Whilst £429 and £599 seem expensive for the A1 and XA1 this is more or less the price you will pay if you attempt to import one personally (ie cost+carriage+31%tax/duty). Movietyme's prices are quite reasonable.

Of course the A1 is in short supply because it cost toshiba $700-800 to manufacture each one so everyone wants one AND there is a limit to how many Toshiba are prepared to sell at this price, I suspect the Xa1 just breaks even.

any other places that sell them, im happy to pay the 429 but am worried i will get import on top of that.

im coming to the point that i might just go to the usa and pick one up then on the way hom go through nothin to declare:D

runner05 said:
any other places that sell them, im happy to pay the 429 but am worried i will get import on top of that.

im coming to the point that i might just go to the usa and pick one up then on the way hom go through nothin to declare:D

If you order from movietyme no import tax. I did not. Because they deliver it from UK.

DHAKA said:
If you order from movietyme no import tax. I did not. Because they deliver it from UK.

The tax and duty is already embedded in the price you pay from Movietyme so it would be a bit odd if you had to pay their price plus customs charges twice.

Hi, anybody who ordered their HD-A1 from Movietyme, just wondered how long it took to arrive? I ordered mine last wednesday (19th) along with some HD-DVD titles, everything was marked in stock, received my disks within a day or two, but still waiting for the HD-A1 to arrive. Is this normal? Have E-mailed Movietyme a few days ago but had no response.

I've seen a few forum members give good reviews about the service they have had from Movietyme, so am I just unlucky, or expecting too much?

Just frustrating having the dvd's sitting there and not able to play them!

Thxfan said:
Hi, anybody who ordered their HD-A1 from Movietyme, just wondered how long it took to arrive? I ordered mine last wednesday (19th) along with some HD-DVD titles, everything was marked in stock, received my disks within a day or two, but still waiting for the HD-A1 to arrive. Is this normal? Have E-mailed Movietyme a few days ago but had no response.

I've seen a few forum members give good reviews about the service they have had from Movietyme, so am I just unlucky, or expecting too much?

Just frustrating having the dvd's sitting there and not able to play them!

If it is on the Same Day Dispatch page then it will be delivered next day. In stock means they have it in stock in their US office. Mine took 5 days to arrive. Don't worry. It will arrive. they will email you when they ship it. And after shipping it takes one day (next day) to arrive.

email: [email protected]. He replied back my emails.

Thxfan said:
Thanks DHAKA! Now you have yours, was it worth the wait:)

Now I am thinking why the hell I did not get the XA1 one. This thing so amazing you would not beleive until you get to see and touch it. The unit HD-A1 is built like a tank. I heard XA1 is even sturdier!!! HD-A1 still feel rock solid . I have had it for a week now. PQ is outstanding. HD-DVDs look susprisingly vivid.

I got this KISS KISS BANG BANG HD-DVD. Which is by the way combo. I watched the normal DVD side on my SD tv and then went on to HD-DVD. Tell you what you wont beleive how much more things I could see. DVD version looked dark and gloomy.You would see what I mean when you would get yours.

And yes upconverting is awesome as well. I was watching my pirated (from china!) DVDs upconverted over Component (Not all DVDs are upconverted over Component due to some pathetic ICT?? copy protection scheme.) They looked so damn good.

But remeber you can only play region 1and free DVDs. NO pal DVDs though!!! This is pretty lame!!! I mean come on this is 21st century!!

And what else waiting time is alright takes about a minute to see images after loading any Disk. Not a big deal for me.

All I need is now more good titles on HD-DVD and death of BLu-Ray:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom