1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any ways to convert to Atrac format from CD?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by bbanduser, Apr 29, 2003.

1. bbanduser

bbanduser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,
    Does anyone know of software which does conversion between
    CD format to Atrac format without using the inbuilt capability of some MD players?I have a friend who has a portable Minidisc player,but it is an old one and cannot record.So what she used to do is to record onto Minidisc using her hifi system at home which had a Minidisc player as well as a CD player. Now since the CD player is not working,there needs to be a way of converting the CD's to ATRAC format.

Any ideas as to how to do that?

2. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Even if there was software to do the conversion to ATRAC (which I've never heard of but may exist) ... assuming you are talking about software on a PC ... how do you then get the ATRAC encoded data onto the MiniDisc?

Anyway ... simplest (and probably cheepest anyway) answer is to buy a new CD player ... £80 for the Sony XE570 would be a good (cheep) buy from Richer Sounds at the moment.

Vikki

3. aka

aka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi bbanduser,
    I used adiograbber to convert from CD to atrac format using my notebook. I think it is a freeware in internet.
    Actually I want to convert the music because my MP3player was Japan made and it requires Japan OS to run the OpenMG software, so I can not use it and start looking for another way to use it. anyway, the conversion is done but still my MP3 player can not recognize the type of file in memory stick. I think Sony have some kind of additional header in the file format to forbid this kind of ways that we tried.
    If you are lucky, let me know then.

cheers,a-k