Any way to skip previews on blu-ray?

D

Dr. Gass

I hate having to sit through a bunch of annoying previews and multiple FBI warnings about film piracy before I can actually watch a blu-ray movie. I paid for the blu-ray DVD, why can't I just watch it?

On many "regular" DVD players one can hit "Stop" then "Menu" to avoid all the advertising. Is this possible on blu-ray? Perhaps the technology is designed to make me watch the same promos every frickin' time I watch the movie.

What if I don't want my kids to see R rated previews before they watch Ice Age?

Any tips or hacks?

MrHyde1969

Novice Member
I totally agree, this is forced advertising and really annoying :mad:.....
Also whilst i am ranting,,,bugger the 'extras and stuff', just concentrate on giving me the best picture and sound that you can please. after all this is why I got myself into the HD market...
Or if you must add extras then put them on a seperate disk :smashin:

This was one of the BIG advantages of copying my DVD's to my HTPC,, I could cut out all the advertising and crap and just copy what I wanted...
And YES i buy ALL my own movies, thank you very much :thumbsup:

MJeeves

I hate having to sit through a bunch of annoying previews and multiple FBI warnings about film piracy before I can actually watch a blu-ray movie. I paid for the blu-ray DVD, why can't I just watch it?

On many "regular" DVD players one can hit "Stop" then "Menu" to avoid all the advertising. Is this possible on blu-ray? Perhaps the technology is designed to make me watch the same promos every frickin' time I watch the movie.

What if I don't want my kids to see R rated previews before they watch Ice Age?

Any tips or hacks?
I think the "forward skip" button works on some players / discs.

MarkB

This is a good point. I think it is down to the player manufacturer - the old Denon DVD players had a trick where you pressed the play button twice and it would jump straight to the main feature.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom