Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Any way to skip previews on blu-ray?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dr. Gass, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Dr. Gass

Dr. Gass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hate having to sit through a bunch of annoying previews and multiple FBI warnings about film piracy before I can actually watch a blu-ray movie. I paid for the blu-ray DVD, why can't I just watch it?

On many "regular" DVD players one can hit "Stop" then "Menu" to avoid all the advertising. Is this possible on blu-ray? Perhaps the technology is designed to make me watch the same promos every frickin' time I watch the movie.

What if I don't want my kids to see R rated previews before they watch Ice Age?

Any tips or hacks?

2. MrHyde1969

MrHyde1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I totally agree, this is forced advertising and really annoying :mad:.....
    Also whilst i am ranting,,,bugger the 'extras and stuff', just concentrate on giving me the best picture and sound that you can please. after all this is why I got myself into the HD market...
    Or if you must add extras then put them on a seperate disk :smashin:

This was one of the BIG advantages of copying my DVD's to my HTPC,, I could cut out all the advertising and crap and just copy what I wanted...
    And YES i buy ALL my own movies, thank you very much :thumbsup:

3. MJeeves

MJeeves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +224
    I think the "forward skip" button works on some players / discs.

4. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    This is a good point. I think it is down to the player manufacturer - the old Denon DVD players had a trick where you pressed the play button twice and it would jump straight to the main feature.