• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Any way to automatically turn on/off a HD131x?

bgst

Standard Member
Hello

I have a Optoma HD131x projector which is connected to my htpc. I would love to be able to turn the projector on automatically when I wake my htpc. Is this possible?

Thanks

swiftpete

Distinguished Member
Does it have hdmi control in the menu? If so you'll be able to turn it on that way.

My last 3 projectors have had auto off where they shut down 5 minutes after their last signal so I normally turn off the htpc and the subwoofer amps, then leave the room and let the projector turn itself off.

bgst

Standard Member
Don't think it has HDMI control. Is it possible that features like this may be added to the firmware? If so I might look into upgrading the firmware.

swiftpete

Distinguished Member
I've not used hdmi control on any of mine although my latest does have it. They've all turned themselves off after the receiver is off due to not receiving a signal. They usually take 5 mins or so then shut down.

bgst

Standard Member
The problem is not turning off. It is turning the projector on. I would like it to turn on when I wake my htpc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom