Any way to allow LG 32PG6000 to work in Ireland?

Lazy_D

Hi,

Had this TV in the UK where it worked fine with the free digital channels. It's quite old now and is not a smart TV. It's moved with a family member to the Republic of Ireland but it won't display the channels.

There is no Ireland option for the location / country in the menu. I'm pretty sure I updated it to the latest firmware some years ago. It's been factory reset but this didn't help. I've also set it to France and a few other countries but nothing helped so far.

When scanning for DTV channels, it finds a number of services, and correctly displays the names of most of them, they are obviously the correct local channel names, but no sound or vision plays. The digital radio channels work ok. In the guide, the schedule for the channels which it correctly displays the names of also come up fine, you can see which shows are meant to be playing now, next, etc.

Wondering if there's anything that can be done with it to allow it to properly receive the Irish digital channels? Obviously I can add some sort of receiver box to the set up and change it to HDMI, but looking to avoid that if possible, just want the standard terrestrial channels.

Thanks.

Lazy_D

Just read that these UK TVs would use mpeg2 encoding and Ireland uses mpeg4 so guess there's no hope, box it is, thanks.

tvdavid

some kind of satellite box or DTV one would do it we have BT ones hear.
could get an amazon firestick too.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom