any way of changing the 'default' ITV1 region on Sky+ please?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by andrew markwort, Dec 16, 2004.

1. andrew markwort

andrew markwort

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    I'm living in the HTV Wales region but for various reasons from time to time need to record the news on the ITV Central region. I can't set up recordings using the programme planner because Sky+ only recognises the ITV region you're living in. Now this doesn't present a barrier when I'm at home - I can get Central from the 'Other Channels' page and record direct on to DVD-R. However, when I'm away from home it's rather harder - I can set Sky up to receive Central and then put the DVD-R on timer, but often this isn't convenient and it isn't totally reliable.

Please does anyone know of a way of changing the 'ITV default setting' so I can select another ITV region for 103?

2. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,476
    A cheap second Sky box with a registered-in-the-UK card would work but not simplistically. Can you not point a big terrestrial aerial t'ward where you want and record via analogue ?

Mike.

3. andrew markwort

andrew markwort

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Alas no - we had enough trouble over our housing covenant getting the first dish installed!