any way I can try theatertek before buying?

M

mince bigalow

hi all, I'm very interested in trying out theatertek before I buy it as its not the cheapest software in the world, does anyone know of any way i can get a trial version. There aint one on the site anywhere.

I'm sure when you buy it you have to permanently register it. You have 7 days to do this but it will run for these 7 days. If you haven't registered & anytime in the first 7 days you can request a full refund (the program then will not run after 7 days as it hasn't been reg'd). That is their trial conditions.

thanks mate, thats what I found but was hoping there would be some other way cos I know that if I do pay for it I'll never get round to getting myself a refund if I don't think it's all that.

I suppose there is another way I could try it (please let me know if this is breaking the rules): Does anyone fancy sending me/letting me download the unregistered version from them so I can try it for the 7 days, then if i do like it I can them buy it? Or is that just really cheeky/illegal?

I don't think there is any other way of trying it. If I recall correctly, the reason for the restrictions is down to licensing of the codecs. Getting it any other way would be illegal. One day I will get around to buyign it. I know I want it, I know it's the best, I just always have something else slightly more important to pay for!

They didn't charge my card untill I registered for a perm product key, about 3 weeks after I'd initially downloaded.
Hope that helps

I believe it was as restriction with the old Ravisent decoders but not with the newer ones. They might have a trial download now. It's just not on their site. Contact them.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom