1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any way I can try theatertek before buying?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by mince bigalow, Nov 14, 2003.

1. mince bigalow

mince bigalow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all, I'm very interested in trying out theatertek before I buy it as its not the cheapest software in the world, does anyone know of any way i can get a trial version. There aint one on the site anywhere.

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I'm sure when you buy it you have to permanently register it. You have 7 days to do this but it will run for these 7 days. If you haven't registered & anytime in the first 7 days you can request a full refund (the program then will not run after 7 days as it hasn't been reg'd). That is their trial conditions.

3. mince bigalow

mince bigalow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks mate, thats what I found but was hoping there would be some other way cos I know that if I do pay for it I'll never get round to getting myself a refund if I don't think it's all that.

I suppose there is another way I could try it (please let me know if this is breaking the rules): Does anyone fancy sending me/letting me download the unregistered version from them so I can try it for the 7 days, then if i do like it I can them buy it? Or is that just really cheeky/illegal?

4. nutcase_1uk

nutcase_1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I don't think there is any other way of trying it. If I recall correctly, the reason for the restrictions is down to licensing of the codecs. Getting it any other way would be illegal. One day I will get around to buyign it. I know I want it, I know it's the best, I just always have something else slightly more important to pay for!

5. iansimpson888

iansimpson888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    They didn't charge my card untill I registered for a perm product key, about 3 weeks after I'd initially downloaded.
    Hope that helps

6. mince bigalow

mince bigalow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ooh, that sounds good :) thanks mate

7. Alex Simon

Alex Simon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe it was as restriction with the old Ravisent decoders but not with the newer ones. They might have a trial download now. It's just not on their site. Contact them.