Question Any way around my problem?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by DracUK, Oct 24, 2017.

1. DracUK

DracUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Hi,I have a Hisense 49M3000 TV and a Dune 303D Media Player whos original remote codes are clashing with each other making the Dune unusable with this TV.I also have a Harmony Ultimate Touch without the hub and the same thing happens. I have been in touch with Hisense and had no reply from them
    any ideas

2. 12harry

12harry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +390
    Move the TV /Player apart.... so the remotes only point at the one it's intended. It's a dirty-solution, but IF it works, then you can settle down to watching. You can try also putting a filter over the transmitter LED, so as to reduce its range.... although weakened batteries will do much the same, in time. I have a DVD recorder that has an IR receiver option, on a 1m cable so the recorder can be operated either direct, or having this extension.

I'm surprised Hisense haven't come back to you, - if this is a valid combo.... There are many variations of the remote-codes - but I guess there aren't enough. It's just possible one device has an Option to use another set of codes ( this would be sensible ), so the codes don't overlap.
    The same/similar problem occurs with Wireless doorbells; if a neighbour happens to use the default settings..... which you use.

3. DracUK

DracUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Thanks m8 but have tried all that.Phoned Hisense UK today supposed to be getting back to me.
    regards

4. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +322
    On thing u could do is use the harmony with the hub and irblasters and assign each device to a different blaster. If the tv and dune have it inputs it’ll be very easy as using them normally turns off the ir receiver

5. DracUK

DracUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Thanks for replying,I have just ordered another elite with hub (I needed another controller anyway for bedroom)so will see if that works.
    regards

6. DracUK

DracUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Well Ive played with this for hours and still no joy.Looks like a change of TV is needed or different Media Player.Shame really as I love the Dunes.

7. DracUK

DracUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    UPDATE
    Hisense says nothing can be done apart from reprogramming every remote control sold...DOH
    Anyway Ive fixed it myself......bought a Samsung tv and all is well :(
    Anyone want a Hisense ?