1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any views on the Samsubg LW26A23WX?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dogastus, Sep 12, 2004.

1. dogastus

dogastus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I was looking in Currys today at the above mentioned set. It is difficult to compare with their naff video source but it did look quite good. I just wanted opinions on this one and also if it's available from web dealers. A Google search didn't seem to bring it up. Currys had it for sale at £1400.

2. spergabite

spergabite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking at this tv yesterday in John Lewis. When i first arrived at the shop the picture looked inferior to the other nearby tv's. People were looking at the tvs and saying the picture was better on nearby Toshibas and JVC's. However, when is switched off all the noise reduction nonsense the picture was far superior. I stood back and watched people walk past and say that the Samsung was now a better picture!! Perhaps this is a good way to judge TV's ( not wishing to be rude, but i did notice that the women with husbands/boyfriends didnt choose the Samsung set as they seeed to go purely on Looks of the cabinet - althouh i suppose if youre trying to pull you may want to listen to the womans tv choice lol) There are some issues with the screen ration being 15:9 etc - See other posts on this forum.. I am almost ready to buy the 32" version but am waiting for reviews (which their seems very few of). Just so you know - John Lewis offers a 5 year garantee if you buy from them - defineatly worth travelling or buying on line.