Question Any Views/Experience: Panasonic SC-HTB488 ?

Higgo

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got an opinion on the Panasonic SC-HTB488? It is bundled with a TV I'm looking at, although I can get a better deal on the TV alone so it would be slightly cheaper to buy them separately.

I am told that there's no real technical advantage in matching the TV and Soundbar brand but I've got to admit I do like the idea of them matching.

Hi there. Did you manage to find anything about this soundbar? I can find reviews for most other older panasonic soundbars, but almost nothing in the newest batch 488/688. I just bought a 688 and it sounds pretty good, but I find the bass a bit overbearing, even at the lowest setting. I found a review in a polish site Ujarzmianie bestii czyli test soundbarów Panasonic HTB488/688, (google translate). They give a "good" review, 3/5 stars.

It sounds pretty good overall, specially with movies using the centre speaker. I found it only uses the stereo speakers in normal tv, but I haven't played extensively with it. Music sounds great too. Unfortunately, it only has one hdmi (ARC) and not 4k pass through, if that is important. That is also disappointing since they are in comparable price brackets than the 690, for example

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom